Chapter 6

Chapter 6

As they entered Featherkit's new "home", Sunpaw turned to face her. Featherkit flinched, thinking Sunpaw might attack her, just as what Fernpaw had asked him to do, but he just simply looked at her, straight in the eyes. "Look," Sunpaw began uncomfortably, "I'm not going to hurt you, I don't want to. I was thinking.... that maybe..." "What's biting him?" Featherkit wondered. "I was thinking... do you want to be friends?" Featherkit gaped in shock. "You..you..actually mean it? Is this a trap?" "No! No, it's not a trap, I do! I actually do want to be friends with you. Will... will you be my friend?" Featherkit thought for a while. "He's being genuine, he is." She thought. "Okay, I'll be your friend." "Great!" Sunpaw purred, happiness flashing in his eyes. "Do you want me to help you remove thorns from your moss?" "You...you actually mean it?" "Yes! I want to help you as much as I can, I don't like what Fernpaw is doing to you. She kept me up all night yesterday, talking about ways I could torture you. She came up with things like stuffing a deathberry in your nest, so if you do eat it, you'd die in your sleep. I said I didn't want to do it, and she called me a coward." Featherkit struggled to swallow all this new information. "Now, about those thorns," Sunpaw meowed. He walked over to Featherkit's nest and started pulling out the thorns. Featherkit walked over and started helping him pull out the thorns.