Chapter 16: The Girl Who Disappeared

I should have known these guys were going to be trouble, almost all have been. Five guys, three of which were armed with knives, one a gun, and the last one was unarmed, his mistake. "I don't know what you got in the market but we want it." The guy with the gun said. He was starring at Sera and Chloe like he wanted them too. Me and Sera bared our fangs and our eyes changed color, mine Purple and hers a soft redish Orange. The guys didn't back off so the must have faced supernatural beings and survived somehow. I was going to charge them and kill the gunman when Chloe growled and charged them. She punched the gunman in the face so hard, he flew a good thirty feet and he didn't get up. She turned and grabbed the next guy who was armed with a knife, she took the knife and stabbed him in his throat. She then took the knife out of his throat and threw it in another guys chest.

Both of them fell at the same time. The last two where as shocked as me and Sera. Chloe walked toward the last armed guy real slow, he was backing up and tripped on a garbage bag. Then she reached him, Chloe picked him up by his head and using one hand grabbed his shoulder. With one move she tore his head from his shoulders, with his back bone sliding out with his head. She let go of his body which was spewing blood every where. Chloe threw the head into the last guy who dodged it and ran toward me and Sera. Chloe caught him by the arm and grabbed his other. "Please, help me!" He begged me. Chloe put her foot on his back and pushed him till his arms came of. She unarmed the unarmed guy. He was still flailing around until Sera stabbed him in the head. Chloe put the arms down and then looked at me with a murderous look and jumped on me forcing me on the ground with her on top of me. She put her legs on my arms pinning me. She grabbed me gun and put it to my chest. "Chloe, its me. It's Cyrus." I said calmly. She started pulling the trigger back. "Chloe snap out of it." Sera said.

Chloe's eyes turned back to her normal blue eyes. She looked confussed then seemed to realize what was happening. She got up fast and dropped the gun. "Oh my God, what have I done."she said shaking. I got up and tryed walking toward her. "NO....don't come closer, I...I don't want to hurt you, I can't be near you anymore, I'm a danger to you." She turned to walk away but I grabbed her arm and turned her toward me and hugged her. "I refuse to give up on you, even if you are a danger to my life. I will fight for you, do you understand.....I will die for you." I said this and Chloe buried her head into my chest and started crying. "Sera, how fast can you make the cure?" I asked in vampenese. I really don't know the name of the language so don't judge. "Seven hours." She replied. "Okay get it started when we get back to the hotel, come one let's go." Chloe nodded slowly and walked holding my arm.

We get back to the hotel room and Sera starts working on the cure which will take forever but we have time to spare. Chloe started getting hungry so I gave her a fifty dollar bill and said she would be back soon. She took it and left. "You should have gone with her." Sera said while Preping the ingredients. "I figured she need some time to think, maybe give her some space." I said cleaning my guns. "What if something were to happen to her while she was gone?" Sera asked. "Then you get to say I told you so, plus there's a McDonald's right across the street, that's five minutes, ten tops. Plus she can obviously take care of her self." I said.

Fifteen minutes later I decide to go see what's taking so long, and Sera wanted to come with to see if she was right or not. We get down to the lobby and a bunch of people were standing by the window looking out towards McDonald's. I pushed past them and got outside were people were taking to a police officer. I didn't pay attention because I saw Chloe's phone on the side walk just on the other side of me. I ran across the street and picked it up, when a police officer with yellow tape shouted. "Hey, that's evidence put it down." I did the only reasonable thing I could think of. I ran into an alley followed by Sera. I jumped off the wall grabbed a fire escape and made my way up it very fast to the roof. Sera meet me up there. I went through the phone to figure out why it was on the ground and there was a voice recording. I listened to it. "Cyrus if your hearing this then it means I didn't make it back." Uh oh. "I think I'm being followed, and there's a black van circling the block, and....Hey let go of me let go.....crap put the needle in..NOW." a new voice, one kinda familiar."Take her back to base." Another voice said. Then it ended. "Cyrus what is it." Then it clicked. Chloe has been kidnapped, by that crazy military guy....Ross."