6: Let's do lunch

I was still rather nervous about the bathhouse, especially since today was again one of their 'traditional' days. Of course, I did have the advantage of knowledge this time around. I walked in and began to undress before I realized Cecil, standing behind me, had made no such movement to change.

"They really get on your ass about your state of dress."

"I don't doubt it." He said. Still, he had his hands in his coat pocket and seemed to be looking around with reproach.

I put my shirt back on. It'd probably be weirder if we didn't match. Despite a couple glares, I walked out into the main bathhouse area and quickly walked along the perimeter towards the private rooms. If I kept my head low, I could almost forget about the people watching me.

I walked in after a very quick knock, and Cecil followed me until the doorway. There, I noticed him pause. Looking ahead, I couldn't guess why.

Well, Michael wasn't alone, for one. He again was joined by Christina and the red-head, Lilith, as well as two other men. Someone in that group must have been the reason Cecil appeared nervous to come inside.

I ushered him in though, and he closed the door slowly.

"Martin!" Michael said as I walked inside. "Come, join us in the water. "Jasvean, Ixaben, leave to make room for my guests."

The two men got out of the water without a word and dried themselves off. Considering the bath had plenty of room for everyone, I wasn't really sure why they had to go.

"I don't want to join you." I said, but doing my best to sound very polite about it.

"Come!" Michael said encouragingly. He had a very wide smile that felt quite fake.

"No."

"Don't press him." Christina scolded, and Michael scoffed. His tone fell immediately.

"My daughter has been missing for two days now. You seem like someone who has managed to bond with her, correct?"

"No."

"Where is she?"

"I don't know. Not really my responsibility to know." I shrugged, but then remembered why that sort of nonchalance was a bad trait to display right now. "But I'm sure she's fine- alive, I mean. She's probably just hanging in her clubhouse down in the Eastern block. Don't recall the street, but it's in this abandoned area with the letters 'CFA' on the door. I'm sure she's fine. I saw her cousin today."

"My niece?"

"I'd assume so?"

"Didn't think Ivial was the type to hang with delinquents." Michael said smugly. "I hope she's missing too so Gabe will get off my ass for having such a shitty daughter."

I was fairly sure it wasn't my place to berate Michael in any way, shape, or form. Instead, I exchanged a concerned and brief look with Christina, who immediately began talking in angelic.

After a minute, Michael cut her off and pointed to Cecil. "Who's with you?"

"Uh, Cecil Fear." I turned to look at him, and he seemed fairly afraid. He was clinging to the door. "He's here."

"Does he know anything?"

"What, about your daughter? I doubt it." I was doing my best to read Cecil's face, but I couldn't quite place what he was going through. He really did look afraid, but that didn't make much sense.

"Well. I don't care much for him then. But I want you to join me."

"He doesn't need to bathe with you if he doesn't want to." Lilith held his arm sternly.