Chapter Thirty One

Comincia dall'inizio

"No, I think even Luna does not know the extent of my worries with you. And I allowed her to guard you and she failed in her duties."

"Why..." I wasn't sure how to finish that sentence. I wanted to ask him why it was so hard for him to trust others with me. Or if it was me he didn't trust. Did he think I was about to mount the first person I saw and ride them into the sunset? I was here to stay, that was obvious, Veldore was my home and leaving him for any amount of time was a chore.

"I do trust you Cinde." He said, somehow reading my mind. Wait, nevermind, he was an alpha, with his mate, skin to skin, of course he could here at least a couple of my loudest thoughts. "I knew you had something in mind, I heard it when you went to sleep yesterday. I only trusted that you would change your mind. I gave you a chance to change your mind.

"You are the illegitimate son of my father. So you should know well that my father cheated on his poor mate, brought her into misery. I watched the face of betrayal taunt my step mother.

"Cinde, I tell you this in confidence that you will never think I expect the same of you, but you remind my of my father in some ways. The blond locks, the bright blue eyes. Somehow you came to resemble him more than I or my brother. So perhaps it aids to my possessiveness, but what you did shook my to the core. Verity will not have the pleasure of taking a word from you for a long time to come."

"It was not Verity. I think at least a part of me wanted to show you I would be fine on my own, just prove to you I was independent, that you needn't worry so." I admitted.

"You scared the life out of me Cinde." He growled.

"I never meant to scare you my mate." I pleaded.

"Yet you did, if you wished for independence you might have merely spoken to me about it. Words are actions too, you know."

"But you are always so stern, so resolved."

"Nothing is resolved with you, I might act it but there is always a chance you can change my mind."

"And yet before I have the chance you kiss me breathless and leave my mind muddled." I muttered, and it was true, he had a tendency to ziplock my mouth with kisses.

"What you did was not okay. You might have run into Ed, have you any idea what might have happened had my brother found you? What nearly happened last time?!"

I bit my lip. He had a point. Eddergan just so easily escaped my mind. The last time I had met Eddergan had been the day the Sprite saved me from being rαped by him. Eddergan had told me he wished to inflict pain upon his brother, he adamantly accused my mate of having switched the blade used to execute his mate so it would cause Eddergan pain.

You see, werewolves don't just die emotionally when their mate dies, they begin to crumble physically. The crescent blade was said to be a gift from Luna so that betrayal may have a consequence further than flogging or whipping.

If your mate betrayed you by say sleeping with another, the punishment would be death by crescent blade. The blade ensured the mate of the executee will only grieve in similar quantity a human might. They will not die at their mates death.

Eddergan, being the alpha and the first alpha at that, did not die from his mate being killed however grieved for a long long while instead. During this time Veldore took place as king, taking the unfilled throne while his brother only lived to eat and drink.

When Eddergan finally came to his senses he realized his mate had been executed with the wrong blade, naturally assuming his brother had plotted it so all along.

"You are right Veldore, but please, I wished to see the sprite she saved me from the peril you speak of. If I had asked you to take me would you do so?"

I doubted he would. Veldore was Eddergans younger brother and therefor inherently not supposed to be as strong as him. Yet I was not sure, when I had encountered Eddergan I had not noticed that he was an alpha at all. In fact it took him a while to persuade me he was of royalty at all. When I had first met Veldore I had noted the power that he exuded, it came in waves, those around him grew both on guard and relaxed in his presence.

Veldore seemed stronger than him to me.

"Of course I would, if you wished it so strongly then yes. I would escort you to the sprite. Yet you disobeyed me and assumed I would not have it-"

I had the gall to interrupt him. "You would?" I asked him, a little surprised.

"Yes." He looked at me like it was obvious. "Never do that again Cinde. I'm warning you. I've got a hell of a punishment planned for any misstep on your behalf."

"Punishment?" I shouldn't want to know but a part of me was so eager to find out. "What have you planned?"

 Veldore leaned in close so I could feel his breath against my ears. I shivered.

"I'll tie you to the bed so you can't move, arms and legs bound, your body completely revealed, ready at my command, I'll tease you till you're hard and, Cinde, there will be no release, only more teasing, and more. I'll have you writhing beneath me begging for just one extra touch to send you over the edge and I'll deny you your request."

I trembled beneath him and my cock jumped, still pressed against his body. I knew he could feel my arousal against his muscular thighs.

I felt my cheeks heat up and something wild in me flare up again. I really shouldn't want such a punishment, it sounded like torture, but oh the scene was playing over and over in my mind and it sounded like heaven as much as the logical part of my brain tried to convince me it was not.

I bit my lip.

"I wouldn't do it again." I blushed.

He chuckled. "Good." He whispered as he ruffled my hair. "Now we may wash before we get up again." He tugged me up by the arms I now had latched around his shoulders.

I whined as I felt the warm sheets slide off my body.

"Must we leave?" I groaned as I looked up at him, willing myself to produce the sort of expression that might make Veldore bend to my will. And all I wanted was to snuggle.

He grinned as he pulled me to my feet. He stood tall as he did so, the cold of the room barely affecting him, completely proud in his nakedness. I admired him from an arms length away and was reminded what a powerful man I had all to myself, one of rippling muscles, taut shoulders and muscular thighs. He was a dream. And he was all mine.

"I may choose to take you to the sprite. Unless you find there to be too little time."

My eyes widened and I shook my head quickly. "There is still time." I exclaimed. "Definitely! You will take me Veldore?"

He wrapped a heavy arm around my light form. "Yes. Maybe you had something to prove, your independence, I too seem to have something to prove." He turned to me just as my brows furrowed with my look of confusion. "My reliability, my love, I will always be there for you."

I grinned as I allowed him to guide me to the connected bathroom.

[A/N] I was planning to have Veldore take Cinde all along, I just wanted lil' Cinde to rebel a little first. Ya'll were freaking out and shit.
So many people were getting all hyped up like 'hey BigN why don't you do that you silly billy' dangit I know! I wanted so bad to just give away all the frikkin spoilers man.