"Here's your stupid book." He slammed the book on the counter.

"Excuse me treat library books with respect." I looked up at him and I swore my jaw nearly dropped.

He was drop dead gorgeous. He had smooth olive/tan skin. He had nice pink lips and olive green eyes. His hair was a dark brown and gorgeous. I had to keep myself from touching it.

"Like something you see?" He smirked.

Up there it goes. He's one of the cocky ones.

My lips pressed into a tight line.

"Yes I do." I smiled.

His smirk deepened and he ran a finger through his hair.

Ego maniac.

"I do have that-"

"Look at this beauty." I picked the book off the counter. "I mean hard cover." I flipped through the pages. "Not a single page bent. I think I'm in love." I held the book to my chest.

He frowned. I had to fight to keep a smirk of satisfaction from forming on my lips. Mrs. Palm was having a hard time controlling her laughter.

"I'll be in your office." He grumbled before walking behind the counter to her office.

That's with the smirk spread across my whole face. Visible in all my features. Mrs. Palm started laughing.

"Wow Roxie that was something else." She whipped away a fake tear before checking out my book.

"He needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around him. Not every girl is gonna be interested. Especially not this girl." I put the book in my bag.

"You tell 'em girl." She gave me a high five. "I've been trying to tell him that for the longest. Maybe he'll get the hint from you."

"Mind writing me a late pass for physics?" I sighed.

"Or you could stay here until your next class. I would enjoy your company." She smiled.

"Better than physics." I hopped up on the counter and swung my legs over.

I saw Zane looked at me while playing with a ball he had. I waved and winked before hopping off out of view.

"You're gonna twist your ankle in those things doing that one day." She laughed.

"I haven't yet, have I?" I dropped my bag.

"Well no," she admitted "but you never know."

"I think I'm good." I took a stack of books that needed to be put back.

"Hey sweet thang." He leaned against my locker.

"Go away Marcus." I snatched my chemistry book out my locker.

"Come on don't be like that. You know you love me." He stroked my hair behind my ear.

"I don't love anyone but my family." I closed my locker slightly and looked at him.

"So our childhood friendship means nothing to you anymore." He frowned.

"That ended when you decided to be a dick." I slammed my locker close.

The anger that's been boiling away inside me starting to make an reappearance.

"You can't still be mad at me for that." He frowned more, the wrinkles forming in his pretty little forehead.

"Still can't be mad?! Marcus you took away my chances of ever loving anyone the same. So yeah I'm pissed." I walked away.

"Roxie I said I was sorry!!" He yelled after me.

Never Fall (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara