Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I walked into auditions ready to act. What caught me off guard was Zane sitting in the front row.

"What are you doing here?" I plopped down in the seat next to him.

"I figured why not?" He shrugged.

"Why not what?" I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why not Audition for Romeo? I mean I practiced with you a lot so I know all the lines. To every single part." He growled. "Plus Romeo gets to kiss Juliet." He wagged his eyebrows.

"I hope you don't get it." I rolled my eyes.

The drama teacher Mr. Adams walked out on stage and started talking about the play. Then he got right into auditions. Some were good others were not. Zane caught me by surprise like he always did when he acted. I was transfixed with astonishment.

"The f**king under study!!" He growled as we left the auditorium. "I'm better than that Marcus guy." He pushed open the doors to the cafeteria. "You jinxed me."

"I rather kiss you than him." I gagged. "The only reason he got it is because he's his nephew." We walked through the lunch line.

"So you admit you want to kiss me?" He smirked.

"No I just be more comfortable kissing you than him." I rolled my eyes.

"So you admit you like me?" He stuck and apple on his tray.

"No! Me and Marcus just have some bad history." I grabbed my usual salad.

"Bad history how?" He stuck some type of meat on his tray.

"I was her first everything." He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. "First love. First kiss. First friend. First boyfriend. First time." He whispered in my ear.

I stomped on his foot and elbowed him in the stomach.

"I thought she didn't love?" He seemed agitated.

"I don't."

"She did before it all happened." He groaned.

"What happened?" He looked at Marcus.

"I-" I dumped my salad on his head.

"Come on Zane." I snatched his tray and put it down. "Let's go off campus to eat." I pulled him out the cafeteria.

"I want to know what happened!!" He whined.

"No!" Snapped and pushed through the doors.

"Wow they sucked." He laughed and sipped his smoothie.

"You're only saying that because you sing." I rolled my eyes.

"Least when I sing people enjoy. I didn't enjoy that one bit. I might just upchuck my sandwich." He held his stomach.

"Hey some people just need practice." I shrugged.

"Do you need practice?" He smirked.

"I don't sing." I looked down at my cup.

"Do we have anymore takers?" A man spoke into a mic.

"Well you're gonna sing today." He pulled me up out the chair. "She wants to sing!" He pushed my to the front.

I leaned against him and tried to push back. Since my shoes had no grip on this tile floor I just slid.

"No no," I repeated.

"Just sing and smile." He pushed me on the stage.

I fell to my hands and knees. Chuckles traveled through the café. I looked up to see the guy smiling down at me and handing me the mic.