Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"So are you in or not?!" She groaned while putting her hands on her hips.

"Nah." He shrugged.

"I'll do it." I scribbled my name down the the clipboard. "I've been dying to wear my new bathing suit." I smiled.

"Then sign me up." Zane eagerly took the clipboard and wrote down his name.

"Typical pervert." I shook my head.

"Hey I'm a sucker for hot girls in bikinis." He bit his lip.

"Go join your team mates." I pushed him towards the other side of the parking lot.

He finally made the football team. Coach realized they needed another star player on the team.

The student parking lot was occupied with booths and stuff. So most students had to take the bus.

The teachers parking lot was going to be used for the car wash. After the game tonight the football field will be used for more booths.

"So what's going on between you and- next MVP- Zane colt?" Carly asked still in her journalist state.

I hate this side of her. She seemed to weasel anything out of me. She was just that good. I wouldn't realize until after she got that smirk of satisfaction on her face.

"Nothing, we're just friends." I sat up the table for tickets.

The carnival seemed to be approaching faster than expected. It was moved up to next week since the actors in the play need to rehearse before next month. I'm just a busy bee for the next 2-3 months.

Finals are coming up as well and that's never fun. Then before the play we have that Michigan's Adventure trip. That's like 3 days long. One day to get there, one day to have fun, and the other to get back. Then it's play time, after that is finals, after finals junior class trip to Paris, after Paris is prom, after prom is the last day. So I'm pretty booked for the rest of the year. That's not including my student council duties.

Haha you said duties!

Oh hush up!

"Roxie!" She yelled snapping me from my thoughts.

"Huh." I jumped slightly.

"Did you hear a word I said?" He narrowed her eyes at me.

"Sorry no." I frowned slightly.

She growled and gave me the death glare before walking off.

I cheered as Zane made the scoring touch down to win the game.

"Go Falcons!!" I screamed.

The team ran up to Zane and shoved him around in the tight circle. He looked like he was having the time of his life. Matthew stood to the side angry.

He chucked his helmet at the ground and kicked it clear across the field. Zane looked up at me and I gave him a thumbs up before clapping again.

I could just picture that heart jerking smirk of his underneath that helmet.

Woah there chica. Pause rewind and stop. Never say that again. That's going against your vow.

I noticed.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I was getting a call from Zane. I answered it and walked down the bleachers.

"Congratulations 24." I smiled.