Chapter VI: The Battle for Quang Tri Province

It was midnight of July sixteenth, going into the seventeenth day of July, twenty-one thirty-two, and Thomas was in the bunk room's bathroom. He was vomiting his sour-vile, along with the cracker and chicken chunks, into the toilet, releasing loud gags.
Sirius was sound and asleep, hurriedly awaking to it.
"Thomas? Are you O.K.?" She runs to halfway through the bathroom doorway.
"*SNIFF* yeah. I think it's the food. BLEGH."
Sirius snickers. "It's probably too healthy for you. I'll make some tea."

________

'Oh my, my aching head. Oh my, my thoughts are impeded.'
Sirius returns to his bed, both hands with cups of tea.
"Here you go. Take sips. Do you want honey and sugar?"
"No thanks." He sits up, grabs the cup and sips. It was quite sour, but his aches around his feet began to warm and wane. As the sound of a flower falling with the wind, Thomas lays his head down. Sleep wraps his mind and he begins to dream of colors and motions.
Sirius returns to her bed, going into it feet first and pulling the covers over herself. She lays her head down. Sleep wraps her mind and she begins to dream of colors and motions.

________

She pictured herself in a better place than she was already experiencing, yet found herself back at home. 'Futile!', she cried. Then cried hysterically, uncontrollably, tiresome, and dreadfully. Only Thomas could comfort her.

Sirius. The Searer! The Scrorcher! Lives are in my hands. I have the power to stop their hearts.

Thomas. The Adept! The Courageous! Lives are in my hands. I have the power to stop their hearts.

I consider you as my love, my heart's connection. As a stream through the trout's route to the salt-waters of Earth, and each trout is the wielder of next generations and the stream is the abstract of us.
Sirius squirms in her bed.
Oh! My Love of you! Grasp me and take me far from here! I hear you and feel you! You call my name, I'll respond with joy and continue onward to you. Do not fail me in my time of need!

________

Sirius was the first to wake. She delicately took her helmet from its place and slid it onto her head, flattening and assuring her ears were prepared for it. Accessing her personal documents, where even the WWD can't acquire it's thoughts, she went to her bible.

Thomas awakens, feeling wonderfully joyous. A vast happiness, as the hills of Vietnam as he remembered them. Flying through at Mach one. He turns to Sirius, who only had her helmet on with her sleep-attire. Her head looked slightly larger with it on.
Without looking towards him she greets him. "Good morning, Thomas." Her voice soft and kind, wispy-cotton beds.
"Good morning." He replies.
"Well, it looks like the Russians are a little closer today." Sirius had mentioned, looking into her tactical map that was installed with the helmet.
Thomas, even more aware of his scenario in this world, after a goodnight's rest, was now beginning to grasp past events. He grabs his helmet and looks up Documents on his helmet. He scrolls through the events, some being clear victories and suddenly bombarded with loss on the same day. To the right of his screen the loss was recorded with how it ended. 'Hydrogen-bomb'.
"Hello." Sirius answers a radio call from her helmet. It was Robert, their mission handler, who had always assigned easy objectives for Sirius. Moreover the case as to which she could survive the missions. She was thankful for him.
"Uh-huh.... O.K.... Land fighting? On the ground? But we aren't trained for...... Right away." She seemed to be interrupted in thought and brought her attention to Thomas.
"Such Bullshit." She clenched her fists at her hips. Then snapped her head to Thomas.
"What's the deal?"
"They want us, A S A P, to Quang Tri Province. It's somewhere in the Central part of Vietnam, apparently the Russians broke to it. Damn. They also want us to ground fight."
"Whose our team?"
"We are our team."
"And ground fighting? We aren't even trained for that!"
"I am, you aren't. Though, I am a little rusty on some material."
"What about me? I've been trained most of my career to fly an aircraft more than a hundred years old. I don't know how to fight on the ground."
"I'll teach you. Stay with me, you'll have to anyway, because we are the WWD's main force."
"Keep us in one piece, please."
Sirius, still looking at him, walks his way and takes her helmet off. "It's what we do best. Don't fail me, now."
"I won't. I know you won't." Sirius reminded Thomas of his mother. Didactic, though not made to be so, like his mother. Sirius mitigated his fear of dying. Though it seemed quite imminent as before.