Chapter IV: Sirius

The profuse thoughts through her mind frustrated her. One thought would fly in then leave, making her want to catch the last one while the next came. This made her depressed, as she had always been, the thoughts were of her past life. Where she had no voice and was always willing to find herself, with no answers. Besides being worn from such atrocities she had to focus on the today. There was a time and place to think of those times. Sirius was also tired from the past flight, which involved a shot solar generator near the Russian border.
The Border is the War-zone, Russian and WWD tanks duke it out there. Infantry is a rare-occasion. If a man were to do as his mighty will might do in such a territory he might as well shoot himself. Aside from the ground, there was also Air-Combat. The effortless flight toward an objective, damage it, shoot at it, bomb it, and then dogfighting.
Dogfighting had tired her out. The Russian's main-fighter aircraft was the SU-53 Superflanker. A twin-hydroburner armed with a thirty-five millimeter cannon, and the engines were very powerful meaning their jets were faster. Sirius pulled her aircraft around on him, on a lucky maneuver, and popped a seventy mil' into his rear fuselage, making his jet look like a floating mushroom (beside the fact it was a ball of super hot hydrogen fuel).
One thing Sirius loved to do was long-range bombing missions.
'I would be less tired if I were assigned to those missions.'
Sirius was in the World Wide Defense's mess hall. A major part of nutrition for the military-base. The rest of the establishment was made up of housing for all active-duty personnel in all branches of the military. This includes Navy, Army, National Guard, and Marines, and for the Marines was a skinny, hungry, branch off of the Marines. It was the Flight Assault/Defense League of Marines. Why it's a skinny, hungry, branch is because Sirius is the only one enlisted in that branch.
Sirius didn't mind being the only one, she thought, munching on a salted cracker with an oyster or so on top.
Some fifteen minutes into her meal, Sirius's ear perked up and listened after a crack was heard to her left, the exit of the Mess Hall into a hallway at a right angle to it. The hallway connected to the main hallway and just north of it was the Med-Bay halls A1-Z10. This was enough of an influence on Sirius to draw her pistol from her holster, as quick as she could (the fastest Quickdrawer in the whole base, maybe, the world). She hustled toward the exit, as soon as arriving the lights in the hall shut down following with an alert advisory.
"Base Lockdown. Intruder/Aggression in Med-Bay M5."
The lights, still on in the Mess Hall, were casting a shadow on the other side of her body onto the marble-like floor.
She flicked her helmet on, once on her backpack. Flooding information from the helmet made Sirius's eyes focus on the words zipping by on the visor, the words suggesting to power NV Mode (night vision, for the hallway was dark) and so she did. A man, Riot Police is what the helmet was saying to her, was standing in the hall in a kind of defensive stance. This relieved Sirius as she knew who guarded the Med-Bay halls, especially near A1 to A10 rooms.
"What happened?" She yelled, the man responded with a turning head.
"A Patient went COTD." ('Crazy-on-the-doctor' was a common phrase for the Riot Police as most patients were 'crazy' usually after an operation where anesthetics were required).
"What a surprise." She muttered. That's five this month.
"I'll tell you what is, he's just like you."
"That's bull."
Sirius was told that it's a physical phenomenon that she was even universally 'transported' from her universe to theirs. It was termed 'Time-Jump' referring to the traveling between time and space. Something Special Relativity could possibly explain.
"Bull? See for yourself. I didn't think we'd get another one like you"
The comments were always like this. Partially because the comments were aimed to try and discourage Sirius to quit her league and to resign from the military. They received special treatment, or Sirius did. The soldiers didn't like it.
She shrugged it off.
"Where is he now?"
"They'd just contained him and routed him with General Parkson."
"Thanks."
"Sure."
Sirius began to walk towards her awaiting meal whenever her helmet kicked in the radio.
"Sirius, your being called for a run on behalf of the Navy's Recon Flight Squad, Eagle's Eye."
She tapped the button on the side of her helmet.
"Where?"
"South of the Border, 2 6 4 miles, and your F-81 is prepped and ready."
"Give me two five-hundred gallon tanks on the belly."
"Confirmed, leave in six."
"Roger."

________

Sirius walked, slowly, and gave herself time to think of the male like her figure. The thought made her half-smile. She liked the smirk, and her dopamine was rushing at the thought of not being alone, and also with someone she might be compatible with. She had been alone for a year. Sirius did not like the actions of the World Wide Defense government. She did not like the men, whose frontal lobes had been taken from them. Most of all, Sirius strongly disdained herself. Her inability to comprehend herself or understand why she was always having difficulty understanding herself after being alone for so long.
She made it to the hangar. The F-81 V-naught X was waiting for her. Two minutes until launch.
"What's my objective?" The only ones with a brain left were the Air Traffic Controllers and all other rank-above-soldier personnel, meant for directing the war against New Russia.
"Vital Oil silos."
"I thought we wanted the oil."
"Anything to keep them from getting ours."
"You mean what's left of ours. I'm growing impatient with these oil-raids. In fact, I'm rather bored of them. Give me a good reason to actually execute this order.
"Your euthanasia."
"One day..."
"You'll never get to it. Do the order, or else I report you."
"Do it." Sirius whispered this. They would indeed kill her.
Sirius had plotted against the World Wide Defense Government countless times. Each without a loop-hole. There was a missing pice to the equation.
"Hold up! Delta eight-five-nine Lima, hold taxi."
"What is it now?"
"A word from our General. He is directing you to Lab-Bay eighteen-six."
"What about the mission? I'll see to it later. I'd rather see what the physicists want to know now."