five // nightmares

Start from the beginning

"O-okay." He sighed, before looking at me, making the eye contact I had wanted, but now it was making me feel victimized. His gaze was soft and full of worry, I didn't like it. I felt like I was being cornered with nowhere to escape to, and I was the one to blame for making him do this to me. Why did I have to be forward? Plates in the background crashed as the clock began to sing its hourly tune, alerting us that it was 9 o'clock. "Why?" He asked, his voice low, matching perfectly with the stare he gave me. I shifted in my seat, anticipating his next approach. "Wh–" Just as he began to speak, silence developed the room around me. I felt time beginning to twist and shift out of proportion, before landing in a spot I didn't ask it to land in. Plates from the kitchen crashed, as the clock began to ding it's tune out once more, alerting us it was once again 9 o'clock. "Why?" He asked again, but his voice more hostile and angry. I nervously began to twiddle my thumbs awaiting the rest of the sentence, but it never came. "Hm?"

"W-why what?" I stuttered, trying to get the thoughts out of my mind of every possible thing he could be interrogating me about. I twiddled my thumbs faster with each passing second. I knew Josh was just staring me down, as if he could believe I wasn't catching on to what he was asking, as if he thought my power was to read minds or something. Time continued its mission like it should always be, making each tick of the second hand more awkward than the last. I felt the tension from here to the kitchen, where the girls were most likely trying to piece together what was going on with a bunch of broken plates on the floor. I couldn't blame them, I wanted to know just as much as they do. I turned to Josh, fumes almost radiating off him now, as if he were planning to explode any second now.

"Don't act so innocent! You know exactly what you did!"  Josh whisper-yelled, obviously not wanting the two eavesdroppers to hear this part of the conversation. Yet, even with more knowledge than them on this topic, I still had no clue to of what he could be speaking of. There was a lot of things I have done that he could be finally confronting me on, but which could it be? I stood up, just wanting to find the girls to stop this, but Josh stood in my way to leave. I looked at him, fruited with his motives. I was about to blow up on him, wanting to explain the situation, before he finally explained this fiasco of words. "You rewound time, you're reliving this!"

"I-I" I began to say, but I didn't know how I was going to end that. He knew, b-but how? This was definitely not once of the ideas of what he could be confronting me about that I had in mind. I stumbled backward, back down into my seat as he said that, my knees going weak. I buried my head into my hands, frustration from all this week of not being able to control this power, I dare call it, finally showing in my emotions. I stood up, ready to explain, before I was left dumbfounded with my mouth hanging open, no words being able to process.

"Don't even try to back up the story that I already know." Josh smirked. With that my frustration only grew to anger. Oh, does he think he's so smart? That he possibly knows everything that's happened in the past few months? I huffed a little breath aside as my hands almost automatically balled themselves into fists at my sides. Josh seemed a bit intimidated by this, just as I began to open my mouth he relaxed, as if he thought I would chicken out again. Think again, Dun, I am totally past the point of chickening out.

"Don't act like you know everything when you clearly don't even know the half of it." I hissed, my emotions seeping through every word onto Josh. He seemed to be taken back again by my words, like they made him furious at first, opening his mouth to made a witty comment, but then he started to rethink his mind. I watched as emotions flickered across his face like an old movie. He didn't seem to know how to respond to such an outburst, and I didn't know how to feel about his reaction. He closed his mouth finally as he came back to the present and obvious question on his mind. He looked away from me for a second, as if he was embarrassed to ask this question.