24 ~ Stuck Like Glue

Reminder - schedule change, make sure you haven't missed the chapter before this: 'I'll Fight'

~~~~

The next week trundled by after that, heading for Halloween. In the end, Damien didn't have a boxing match that week. There was another event that Brett attended but he didn't invite Clarissa - nor did he spend any time at her place, he'd wanted her to stay with him for the week. Apart from the night of the party, then he told her to go home and come back the next day as he'd be too tired to deal with anyone being around once he got back.

So, when Clarissa left the night of the party, she didn't go back the next day, opting to spend the day with Charlotte, Adam and Jason who all wanted to spend the day prepping for the Halloween party that night (well, Charlotte and Adam did and Jason didn't get a choice).

And Brett, of course, got mad that she hadn't come back and raged at her over the phone for ten minutes without giving her a chance to talk back until Charlotte took the phone off her, screamed at him in return and hung up, then held a ripped t-shirt up to Jason as if she hadn't just told someone to drown in their champagne so loudly the entire complex had probably heard.

"I swear, if he turns up tonight," Charlotte said that evening, stood in front of the mirror in the hall, applying a layer of black lipstick to match her black cat-suit.

"If he does turn up, don't scratch him," Clarissa called from her room as she laced up her thigh-high boots.

"Why do you put up his shit?" Charlotte snarl, slamming her lipstick down, "I mean, are you kidding me! He makes you stay at his place all week, getting mad even when you leave to go to classes! Then tells you to get out while he goes to a party - a party you should have attended with him but he doesn't invite you? And then he gets mad because you don't come back when you're ordered to?"

"Charlotte."

"Fuck him," Charlotte snapped, snatching up cat ears, "You know what? Just fuck him - and not in the good way. He's getting worse, Class, I'm sure of it! Between now and when you started dating, he's become such a... a..."

As Charlotte wrestled with herself to find the right word that describe exactly what Brett was, Clarissa couldn't even be bothered to stop her. Instead she reached for a makeup and started to apply a dark eye shadow.

"Whatever he is... it's just not ok."

"You sound like Damien."

"How so?"

"He asked the same thing last week."

"And he hasn't known you as long and he thinks the same! Clearly I'm right!"

"So I should do what? Break up with him because you think you're right? What do I tell my dad?"

Charlotte bit her lip at the question. She let out a tsk and looked away. "I don't know, explains how he behaves?"

Music drifted up from the courtyard, stating that the party had started below.

"Besides, it's not like he can force you to date if you don't want to."

Clarissa didn't answer as she applied a dark red lipstick and looked at herself. She didn't look like herself. Mainly because she had a long, coiling black wig hiding her red hair and red contacts in. She was corseted into a red gown that was split up the side of her leg and, last but not least, she slipped fangs onto her canine teeth and smiled.

"Lets forget him for the evening," she said, walking out of her room.

Charlotte glared in her direction then smiled when she saw the outfit. "I do like the vampire look. Next year it can be Frankenstein's Bride."