"Same difference." Chico shrugged. He's the slow one.

"No. It's not the same." John said. Never mind, they're both stupid. They're a mirror of dumb and dumber, the black version.

"Can we help you?" I asked.

"Yeah. One of you can." Chico answered looking at me. I just rolled my eyes.

"Bey, that was rude." John said, making me feel some type of way. Not a good way either.

"What do you want?" I grew tired of their shenanigans.

"I have job for you."

"We're not interested." I said quickly, shutting down whatever idiotic plan they had.

"Not even for money?" Chico questioned, trying to pull us in by dangling money between Solange and I.

"That's what a job usually does...give you money."

"Hey hey hey! Smart ass." John's eyes darted at me.

"What's the job?" Solange asked.

"We'll pay you seventy-five dollars to open the door for us, late at night." Chico answered. "We know how your mom is about that curfew shit."

"So just come in the house on time." I said frowning.

"If it were that easy, we wouldn't have come to you. Now would we?" John asked rudely. I didn't know want to say after that, and I don't know why.

Chico sucked his teeth, while he held one hand in the other. "Youngins, man."

"I'll do it." Solange shrugged. My head snapped in her direction. Her wanting to do it is understandable because it's easy and she thinks it's free. Ain't nothing free in this society.

"That's what's up, cuh." Chico said happily. I don't know what the hell he's so gotdamn happy for.

"We're going to tap your window when we want you to open the door. You open it, and you get seventy-five dollars."

"Coooool." Solange looked at me in awe. "Easy money."

She chuckled. It's not that I don't want Solange to get that pocket change. That's better for me, because I won't have to always give her money. The money I have will stay where it is.

The problem is Chico and John getting really comfortable. I don't want these two to think, me or my sister need their punk ass chump change.

We don't. I got us.

Chico and John went about their business. When they were out of ear range, I closed and locked Solange's door. She looked me like I was tripping.

"What's wrong?" She studied me.

"Look, Solo. I'm not tryna knock your hustle or anything, but-"

"What?" She questioned anxiously, almost aggressive.

"Calm down, girl. You can do it, just make sure that I'm with you when you open the door."

"Why?"

"Because, Solange.. Just make sure, okay?"

"Yeah-" She was interrupted by loud thud. It was no one but Timothy. He's mostly likely throwing a tantrum, throwing things around like three year old girl. There is no doubt that he's high, or wants to get high. My mom is probably trying to calm him down after she told him that she doesn't have any money.

Since Timothy has been on drugs, he has anger problems. Anger management wouldn't help this piece of shit. He wouldn't put his hands on my mom. If he were going to hit her, he would have done it by now.