Chapter 4

“I missed you,” He whispered to me.

“I love you,” I let out and hugged me again.

“I love you too,” He said.

I helped him get to the car and Curly was in the back seat.

It was a quiet ride and we got to the house we helped him inside and Curly sat on the couch.

We waited for the others to come over.

We all sat there in quiet for a while.

“Why are we so quiet for? we’ve been away from each other for months we should have so much to say,” Isabella said breaking the silence.

I swallowed and looked down.

“It’s different,” Autumn said back with no emotion.

“How different is it really?” Isabella said quietly.

“Very different, how are we going to sit here and be all happy and hug them when they’re hurt and Niall is missing,” I said almost in a whisper.

I didn’t mean to make Curly feel bad or anything but I was trying to make a point. We couldn’t avoid the fact they couldn’t find him.

Weeks went by and things were kind of getting back to the way they were before and we still hadn’t heard anything on the whereabouts of Niall.

Autumn and Curly were coming over almost on a daily basis and we would hang out and do stuff to keep Curly busy and her mind off of it.

It had been almost two months since the accident and their homecoming about.

I was over Curly’s house and we were talking in the kitchen when her phone rang.

She answered and walked out of the room.

I heard a gasp and I was so quiet.

I was trying to hear her but her voice was too quiet and the room she was in was down the hall.

She walked out and she was wiping her tears.

“Are you okay?” I asked standing up.

“They found Niall,” She let out quietly.

“What?” I said. I didn’t even want to ask the next question that came out of my mouth.

“Is he…” I paused to look for the right word.

“Alive?” She asked.

I nodded.

She smiled and nodded.

I jumped up and held her.

We were both crying tears of joy.

We had told everyone that night and we were all going to pick him up in the morning.

We pulled into the familiar parking lot and we had balloons and everything and we had written welcome home Nialler on all of our cars in car paint.

We stood around waiting for the bus.

It finally came and we were all anxious and happy.

Curly waited at the gate as we all stayed behind.

A few guys came off the bus, they all were banged up pretty bad but it wasn’t anything too serious.

We saw Niall’s blond hair and we saw Curly go as she ran to him.

She clung on for dear life and didn’t let go.

We were all smiling at and cheering.

I felt Zayn wrap his arms around my waist.

They were all home.

And safe.

That night…

I sat on the couch while Zayn laid and his head laid in my lap.

“How long do I get to keep you?” I asked him.

He smiled, “A while.”

“How long is a while?” I asked smiling down at him.

“Let’s not worry about that right now, we’re here together. Let’s not think about it,” He said sitting up and pulling me into a kiss.

His arms were around me as we watched TV.

A few weeks later…

“Pheebs, my parents will be here any second hurry up.” Zayn let out in a sigh.

“Don’t rush me,” I let out putting in earrings and getting ready to finish my makeup.

“You look beautiful, let’s go.” He let out as he grabbed around my waist.

“Let me finish my mascara and we can go,” I let out.

He sighed, “Women…” he let out.

I walked down and threw on my heels.

I saw his mother and father sitting on the couch.

“Phoebe,” his mother said in excitement as she hugged me.

“How are you Patricia?” I asked smiling at her.

“We’re doing great, you look amazing,” She let out.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

His father hugged me and we all got ready to go out to eat.

We drove to the restaurant and the conversation was going good until the children thing came up.

How it came up who knows?

“So when do you guys plan on starting a family?” Patricia asked.

“When we are more settled Mom,” Zayn said.

“How much more settled do you guys need to be, you’ve been here for months now and you’re going to go back eventually and what if something happens? Who will carry on our last name Zayn. You know you’re our only boy.” His father let out.

I felt like I was letting them down.

“We will have a child when we’re ready. We’re still young.” He let out.

His father sighed and Zayn said, “What if I go back and something happens. I don’t want her to have to raise the child alone.” He looked at me for a second and I looked away for a minute.

“You know we would help her,” Patricia said quietly trying to calm the situation.

Her heart was always in the right place.

We changed the conversation and spent the rest of the night talking and enjoying the time we were spending with each other.

When we got home…

“You know maybe your parents had a point earlier,” I whispered to him as we laid down.

“About?” He asked.

“You are their only boy,” I let out.

“What are you saying, you want to have a baby?” He asked.

“I don’t think that’s what I’m saying entirely. I’m saying that I’m up for it, but it’s all up to you,” I let out.

He smiled down at me, “We’ll have one Pheebs, when the timing is right. I promis you I’ll be here,” He let out as he kissed me.