Can it be love?

Arthurs POV

It's been four months since Merlin started working for me as my manservant. I would never admit it but he's rather good at it. He's not like the others I've had, he's goofy and his humor is so bad it's good. He can always make me laugh, even if I'm in a bad mood. Sure, sometimes he's an idiot but he has always been loyal.

Merlin have come to be one of my closest friends. Maybe even my best. When ever he walks by or smiles at me I feel butterflies in my stomach and I get all giddy. I've never felt this way to anybody, boy or girl.

"Rise and shine." Merlin says as he pulls the curtains open, letting the sun blindfold me. I groan and sit up, only to toss a pillow towards Merlin. He laughs lightly and walks towards the table to set up my breakfast.

When I stand up Merlin rushes to me and helps me put on my clothes. While he goes round me, helping me, I can't keep my eyes from his ass. It's so...so perfect. He stands in front of me and I look away, blushing. What the hell am I doing?

"Are you blushing?" Merlin asks with a big grin on his face.

"Don't be an idiot Merlin!" I give him my best bitch face and glares at him.

He smirks and pour some water in a glass. After I finish my breakfast Merlin tells me what I have planned for today. I can never remember anything, I'm so glad Merlin's here.

After practice with the other knights my father asks me to see him in the throne room.

"I've just received a message saying that some bandits have attacked a supply carriage. There were some important gifts on that carriage, I need you to get them back. Go alone. No one can know about this." He says barely looking at me. He's always been so cold with me. The truth is that the only person he shows any kind of kindness to is Morgana.

I nod my head "Of course father, I'll head out immediately."

I walk to my chamber to get some food and water for my trip out in the woods. And as expected, Merlin's there.

"Merlin I need to go out in the woods to find stolen supplies. I'll be back in a few days, so could you pack me some food and water?" I say while taking my sword and my map.

"I'm coming with you." Merlin says, standing by the door with a bag on his shoulders.

I try not to smile, but fail. "It's going to be dangerous." I say, still smiling.

"Good thing I'm so good at fighting." He says and walks out to the horses.

"You? Good at fighting?" I say and laugh loudly. Merlin glares at me but then his face breaks into a big grin. I know I don't show it but Merlin's one of the bravest man I've ever met. He's always by my side, even when I do not ask for it.

Once we're in the woods Merlin starts to ramble about everything. It's annoying at the same time as it's cute and adorable. The sun is shining brightly and the warmth is enough to leave us soaked in sweat. I sigh in exhaustion and look over at Merlin who's still rambling.

"You remember that time when we-" He starts of but then I hear some branches breaking.

"Ssh." I whisper and put a finger on my mouth. Merlin hears the sound too and looks around with a worried expression.

Suddenly some bandits jump down from the hill. I quickly jump off my horse and start fighting them. None of them are trained for sword fighting, which makes it even easier for me to defeat them. Once in a while I glance over to see if Merlin's okay. He's really bad at fighting with swords, I should teach him. If we get out of this alive.

When all the bandits are dead or unconscious we continue searching for their camp were they must keep the stuff.

"Merlin, you know what, you really suck at fighting." I say and smirk at him.

"You hurt my feelings Arthur." He says and put his hand over his heart.

After a couple of moments we can see a small fire into the, now dark, forest. We decide to leave our horses at a safe place and walk over to the bandits camp.

"Maybe we should try and just take the things, without them noticing." Just as Merlin says that he falls to the ground, I catch him just before he hit the ground.

"Dammit Merlin, you're so clumsy." I say with our faces just inches from each other. None of us moves, I can feel his shaky breath against my face, it's almost like eskimo kisses.

When I'm about to close the distance between us a bandit jumps out of nowhere.

After I've fight him I found an unconscious guy behind me. I look at Merlin who shrugs and smiles innocently.

But soon after more people comes running. I try and fight as many as I can, still making sure Merlin's okay, but there's to many of them.

"Merlin get our supplies." I yell and Merlin do as I say, trying his best not to get killed while doing so.

I can't see him. It's been minutes. I'm still fighting with the bandits and Merlin's still looking for all the gifts. What if he's hurt? What if he's dead?

"I got them!" Merlin yells which makes me drift from my thoughts.

I took off, running towards Merlin, grabbing his hand. We run until we can't breath anymore, once we stop our lungs is burning. We stand there a couple of moments , catching our breath. I didn't notice our interlocked hands until Merlin stops and stare at them. I see his cheeks turning bright red, and I smile at the thought of me making Merlin blush. But my smile quickly fades as Merlin lets go of my hand. Without his hand in mine, it's cold and it feels like somethings missing.

"We should probably head back to Camelot before dawn." Merlin says and turn around so he's not facing me. I mumble a quiet 'yes' and jump up at my horse. All the way back I glance at Merlin only to find that he's doing the same.

_____

First chapter. Hope you enjoyed. Please leave a comment on your thoughts.