Strawberry Ice Cream

Começar do início

Maka stopped suddenly and turned to her weapon. She lifted her head letting tears fly around the frame of her face. Soul was taken aback; he made her cry that much? "Why didn't you come and tell me?" Her words laced with distrust. God, her soul was going crazy; angry, sadness, distrust, a broken feeling; everything bad swirled in her soul. "We're partners, aren't we?" She rubbed her eyes with her sleeve, letting the sparkling tears leave her face.

"Maka, that's not what happened..." He wrapped his arms around his petite miester, letting her cry into his shirt. The partners stood for a minute in silence before Maka picked up her head and wiped her eyes.

"Why?" It slipped past her lips so fast and quiet Soul almost has to ask what she said.

"Black*Star, uh, called you a weak miester...I couldn't let him say that about you." Soul's cheeks shaded red and looked ahead of Maka, not meeting her gaze.

"Baka. That's stupid...but thank you." Maka rested her head against his chest again and sniffled like a kitten. She really was adorable.

"Can I make it up to you?" Soul offered. Maka nodded her head against his chest, her hair ruffling out of her pigtails against the soft but rough material. "How about," He took Maka's hand and spun her around, "we go back to the apartment, and eat strawberry ice cream-your favorite." Maka's eyes glittered with excitement and forgot all problems. Her soul wavelength settled to her normal atmosphere. Soul lent Maka his hand; she gladly accepted and hooked her arm through his.

Atop the stair lay a blue assassin who sulked in his own despair. Black*Star pulled out his phone, scrolling through his contacts. He found his angel's contact and tapped on the call button. He let the phone ring a few times before his beloved weapon spoke.

"Tsubaki?" The assassin blubbered.

"Black*Star?" Her voice was soft and threaded with worry. "What's wrong?"

"I-I got into a fight."

"You what?!" Her voice turned form angelic to a menacing voice that could shatter anyone's ear. "Black*Star, what have I told you about getting into fights." Black*Star sighed into the receiver.

"Can you pick me up?" Black*Star pleaded. "A god shouldn't have to walk when he's injured."

"Black*Star I'm at work, I'm at Death bucks. Can I pick you up in a hour?" There was a low whine that emerged from the other side of the receiver. Tsubaki cringed and gave in to her partner. "I'll be there in a few."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul watched as Maka emerged from the bathroom, towel over her wet hair and dressed in a casual t-shirt and shorts. Oh god, the shorts. The shorts that rode up her legs and showed a little too much, not that Soul complained too much.

"You ready?" Soul leaned forward and jabbed his finger on the radio button. The sound that came from the box was soothing and always relaxed Maka. Maka dreamily stepped towards her partner as he handed her a china bowl full of pink ice cream sprinkled with chocolate chips. She plopped herself on the couch next to Soul who contemplated his miester. She dug her spoon in the small glass and brought the small spoon to her mouth. She let the cold metal touch her lips then gulped down the shivery dessert. Maka's body shivered slightly that caused Soul to smirk.

As the pair ate in silence, enjoying each other's company the song shifted to an upbeat tune.

I'm falling down into my shadow

Holding in my every breath as I await the deadly night

So scary, but you can't give into this