Chapter 37

Rayna

Ever since we overheard dad and mom argument the house has been even more divided than ever. It was team mom with all of us and team dad.

I don't know when my dad became so mean and quick to pop off. He was always funny and caring and willing to do anything for us. Now I feel like he's against us. Nothing we do is right.

Mom called everyone down stairs and I made my way there. I say by Ej and we waited to see what this was about. Dad walked through the front door and we looked at him. He didn't say anything but headed to his office.

"Ryan may you stay for this family meeting. Or is that too much to ask?" mom said.

He didn't say anything but leaned against the stairwell. We waited for Rj as he jogged his way and sat down on the recliner. Mom looked nervous as hell. Was this the 'Kids we're getting a divorce' speech.

"As we all know this family has been going through a lot and I feel like we need to get back on track. So I made an appointment for us to see a family therapist to help counsel us in that direction"

"Why??" We all whined except dad who just walked off.

"Because I love us too much for us to end up like this." mom answered while looking at dad's office door closing.

"Shouldn't you and dad just go to couple's counseling?" I asked.

"Yea why dragged us into it" Ej said.

"I don't gotta go right I'm grown just saying" Rj said raising his hand.

"We are all going because we all have a lot to say and we need a safe environment to do so. So end of story. Tomorrow at noon make no plans"

And with that we were dismissed. I went to the kitchen to go get something to eat when I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I took it out and saw it was a text from Dominic.

Him❤: Can you go out?

This Headache: Yea why?

Him❤: Cuz I want to go out duh. I'm outside

I grabbed an apple and headed out. I didn't want to go upstairs and risk being ask questions. I feel like I'm under a radar now.

He opened the passenger door for me and I went in. He got in and started driving. Not telling me where we were going. I didn't mind because we were finally spending some us time since everything.

"Okay it's been an hour where are we going" I asked.

"Remember where we went when we were friends but was feeling each other "

" Uhhh... Tybee beach! Omg yea!" I cheered.

"Calm your crippled ass down" he said making fun of me.

"As you can see, I no longer have the cast. I am on the boot now" I said putting my fort with the boot on his dashboard. Knowing it's gonna make him mad

"Hey now don't disrespect my car like that" he said in a serious tone.

"Oops sorry" I faked.

"Ion know why I try to be romantic " he mumbled.

"Cuz your the sweetest" I said kissing his cheek and I tuned the radio up.

Harmony

It was two in the morning when I woke to the sound of my phone blowing up. I finally found it buried under my pillows. It was Drew. He must've called the wrong person. Drew hasn't spoken to me since the hospital. Only reason we see each other is cuz we have the same group of friends. I wasn't going to pick up but he called a third time.