So, Kronos didn't know who we were. Apart from Nico, he was completely in the dark about our identities. I couldn't decide if this was good or not; I didn't see it making much difference.

Kronos was laughing. He was walking away now, walking towards the border of the camp beyond which the sea lay calmly against the sand.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I screamed at Kronos Leo's back, sprinting towards him. But Kronos just sped up again, and now we had stopped at the very edge of the borders.

"Do you think I hadn't worked it out?"

By now, a crowd had gathered around Kronos. At first, they had obviously not realized who it was, thinking it to be only Leo, but older cabin leaders that had been around during the first battle were whispering, passing the information on through the younger campers. People were backing away, grabbing weapons, screaming and shouting warnings to approaching friends.

"Worked out what!?" I spat viciously, wanting to sound as aggressive as possible, though not really knowing what it would achieve.

"I read the signs. I heard the prophecy. You must understand that I know you now. I am stronger than ever before and I know your style, as well as all your weaknesses. And now - oh dear! Look what approaches!"

Kronos feigned a look of surprise, cold humour etched behind his blank golden eyes.

I followed his gaze, and saw at once that something was very wrong.

The sea was writhing furiously like some monstrous animal desperately fighting to escape the constrictions that bound it. The waves were higher than I had ever seen, the huge masses of water crashing against the shore and the white foam created by the force of the relentless attack scattering along the beach.

But even as I watched, the foam began to shape itself into new forms. It was no longer a random mass of salty water, but was now growing, expanding and hardening, turning from a greyish-white to a red roan.

The foam had become horses. Not normal horses, either. These horses were immense, with glowing, chilling green eyes that made them look dead, and yet strangely alive. In that moment, I knew that they did not mean anything good.

"How ironic!" Laughed Kronos. My attention snapped back to him as he continued. "Oh dear. How ironic to be killed by your own father's creations, Percy Jackson."

A murmur swept over the camp as all of the campers that had been preparing for battle turned to face me in shock. I knew I had no other choice.

I pulled down my hood at last.

***

Though I looked different, though I had sea-green streaks in my hair and a crown hidden just under it, I knew that I was perfectly recognizable. Kronos looked at my revealed face and for a second, his eyes flickered. Flickered from a golden glow to a fiery brown. In a split second though, it had gone, and I was half sure that I had imagined it.

Kronos spoke again, and this time his voice was so cold that shivers shot up my spine. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

"I am not nearly as awful as you imagine, Percy Jackson. I took this body as I took my last. Because the original owner allowed it. Your friend Leo was perfectly welcoming, was desperate to help me after what happened to his poor, sweet alien friend..."

"Don't you DARE talk about Princess Havannah like that, you foul, slimy little beast!" Lexi yelled, running at Kronos as though she wanted to take him on face-to-face, despite the fact she had no weapons.

I grabbed her around the waist and held her back as she fought against my grip, desperate to get to Kronos and hurt him in any way. I couldn't say that I didn't understand her feelings, but if there was anyone that I would not allow to get hurt, it was Lexi.