"What does that stuff even mean? Class D or whatever?" I asked and again her wide eyes met mine. God, why did she have to remind me so much of Sibel?

"It's like a rank of importance here aside from the houses each student is assigned to. Class D are basically non-influentials like Scholarship students or half vampires like me." She paused as if waiting for a reaction, but I gave her none so she cleared her throat and continued.

"Class C are average vampires. They scored well enough to get into the school and had enough to afford it. Partial scholarship students are in this Class as well. Class B students, You, are Among the more influential here. They have a strong sway over the other students here. They consist of the wealthier students and above average among the vampire and human community; usually only third year humans and half vampires have the opportunity to be re-classed to a Class B, but ..." She trailed off sending me a sideways curious glance and quickly continued. 

"Class A students only consist of Purebloods and Royalty. They are the m o s t  influential people in this school and the rest of the world as well. They are the reason our school is held in such a prestigious regard, but everyone knows the true pull comes from the Snow family. Their support and donations have made this school bloom." She said smiling at the elevator buttons almost proudly.

"The Snow family?" I blurted out my hand absently reaching up to my left shoulder.

"I know! I was shocked too when I found out. They are the strongest royal Pureblood family, you'd think they would prefer Tudors or something..." She trailed with a shrug. They? How many school age vampires can they possibly have attending here? As if reading my mind, Mary turned to me.

"Their eldest and next in line for the throne son, Jamison, supposedly insisted on coming here. I have only had the opportunity to talk to him a handful of times, so I could hardly tell you his exact intentions, but boy am I glad that he did. He's so dreamy." She ended with a soft dazed sigh to which I laughed. She glanced at me slightly embarrassed as the doors opened to which she wasted no time rushing out of.

"His other Siblings Annabelle and Winston also attend. They are much more approachable and friendly than Jamison though, but it only makes Jamison that much more enticing." She finished with a small smirk. I simply shook my head as she lead me down a large intriquite and dark hallway. The whole school seemed to have that theme.

How cliché.

We passed several large thick wooden doors, the kind you would expect to see in a palace. Some slightly more plain than others; each holding its own unique design. At the very end we stopped and she turned to the door on the right holding no design at all.

"Each door is enchanted." Mary mumbled as she searched her pockets. "The longer you stay here the more the door will mold to your personality. Where is this dang key?!" She sighed in frustration before opening a folder and checking there.

"Enchanted." I mumbled lightly letting my fingers run over the smooth surface of the door before laying it flat on the surprisingly warm wood. It had this strange drumming as if it were alive; barely noticeable if you weren't actually feeling for it.

"Yeah, by the elders or something. Yours will be blank for a week or two, but don't worry that's-" she was cut off by a sudden crackling noise coming from the door causing us both to jump back. "-normal." She finished in a whisper with her head cocked to the side.

Where the door had been a smooth, deep cherry, semi-glossy surface, it now held a simple crescent moon with a tangle of vines beneath it and roses climbing elegantly up it.

"Is that normal too?" I asked staring unblinking at the door.

"Uhhmmm... No, no. How exactly did you do that?" She fidgeted, her voice a few octaves higher than usual. I frowned looking her face over for any sign she were lying, but her face remained perfectly innocent.

"I thought you did it..." I mumbled turning my attention back to the design that decorated my door. It was surprisingly beautiful.

"I'm sure it's fine." She said too quickly pulling a key from the little pocket on her navy blue cardigan. She only hesitated for a second before unlocking the door and rushing in leaving me baffled in the hall staring in. She set my stuff by the door and turned expectantly.

"Well?" She asked with one brow higher than the other. "What are you waiting for, come in." She ushered. My eyes widened as I gave the door a once over.

"No one has ever died from an enchanted door... right?" I said quickly. She laughed suddenly and rolled her eyes.

"Oh don't be ridiculous; it's a door, not the plague." She said through her giggles picking up my stuff and disappearing further into the room. With a sigh I cautiously tip toed passed the entrance, turning only to close it as quickly as possible. Maybe I was overreacting a little, but hey... We live in a world where vampires and magic coexist. It's really not that far off...

"Okay so this is your room. Most students share a room, but since all other female humans are paired you have a room to yourself, and that will probably remain like that as long as you do well here; based on first impressions, you've got nothing to worry about!" She said with a huge smile and suddenly stood from the sitting position she had been in on my bed.

"Unfortunately I do have to get back to work, so I'll leave you here to unpack. You can explore if you're feeling brave later, otherwise I'll swing by later and show you around after dinner!" She said and gave a small wave suddenly appearing in front of the door. I may never get used to a vampire's speed...

"Hey Mary..." I called stopping her and she peered over her slender shoulder.

"Yes?" Her eyes were round and doey tugging at my heartstrings again. I bet Sibel would have looked a lot like her when she got older... Now I'll never know. I quickly cleared my throat and smiled back the tears trying to form.

"I'm just really glad I met you." I said and her eyes softened. She smiled a small warm smile before leaving me alone to adjust.

 She smiled a small warm smile before leaving me alone to adjust