« four »

[Dedicated to Askhlvm because her writing is gold]

_____________________________

Dinner was horrendous. Mom kept bombarding Luke with questions after questions. Where are you from, dear? How did you meet Norah? How old are you? And on and on and on.

My sister looked incredibly pleased with my discomfort. "So how long have you two been together?" She asked innocently. I choked on my food and glared at her.

Before I even got the chance to threaten her, my dad came in. Great, i thought, More interrogation. I glanced at Luke and sent him an apologetic look which he replied with an amused look.

____________

I'm waiting for the ground to swallow me whole. I came to conclusion that my humiliation was my family's entertainment.

"Norah, he's such a sweetheart!" Mom.

"You guys look cute together. Nice job sis." Naya.

"If you ever hurt my daughter, keep in mind I have a collection of guns and a whole lot of kitchen knives." Dad.

I was blushing and I was sure I looked like a tomato. I didn't know someone could blush this much and this long.

Luke looked like he was truly enjoying my family's company and by their laughter booming in every now and then, I knew he was having a good time.

After dinner, he offered to help with the dishes before going home but my mom shrugged him off.

"Thank you so much for the meal Mr and Mrs. Havington." He said

"That's okay sweetheart, you can come anytime." She rushed from the kitchen to hug him.

I stood by the door and Naya tried quietly creeped upstairs. "Naya, I'm not going to do the dishes again. It's your turn tonight." She turned her head and sighed before going to the kitchen.

Luke was suddenly in front of me. I opened the door for him and walked him out. The chilly night air hit me instantly creating goosebumps all over my skin.

"So that was fun," Luke said when we were outside. I rolled my eyes, "No it wasn't. They interrogated you."

He laughed out loud and it was contagious- and soon we were both laughing like maniacs in front of my house.

"I really had a great time today." He looked at me. "Yeah... me too." I said breathlessly. It was scary how one look from him could take my breath away.

He walked back towards his car and with one last glance, waved at me.

As I lay on my bed, his laughter was on repeat in my head. It was a melodious sound that I wanted to record and put on repeat over and over again.

My phone beeped, breaking me out of my reverie.

Luke : Asleep yet?

I was in a mixture of shock and amusement. He must've saved his number to my phone somehow.

Me: How did you get my number?

I quickly typed in. Luke replied almost instantly.

Luke : While you were in the washroom ;)

Me : You even saved your number in my phone. Sneaky cow.

Luke : Really? Cow?

The smile on my face was enough evidence that I was enjoying this. And that strangely, I didn't mind one bit that he took my phone without my permission.

Luke : Anyway, Treats Galore tomorrow?

Me : Can't, my friend insisted on taking me to accompany her looking for a dress.

Luke : Shame. Well, I gotta go to sleep. Tired and all that haha :)

Me: Of course, today drained the living hell out of me.

Luke: Goodnight, Norah :)

Me : Goodnight, Lucas.

I couldn't hide the disappointment off my face that our texts were so short. I switched off my phone and as I drifted off to sleep, I smiled as I thought about the brown-haired boy.

_____________________________

Author's Note:
Please don't forget to vote and/or comment. I'd love to see your thoughts about this book so far.

I hope you all have a great day ahead <3