Chapter 14

*trigger warning*

A miracle was just what we needed at that moment.

The breathing tubes trudged on and my heart sank further with every passing breath.

This is all my fault.

Avi would be happy if I just listened. He would be here for me to comfort. I never knew my decisions would hurt him that much.

"Breanna.... This is all my fault. Avi is dead because of me....." I cried. Tears dripped down my face. Avi is going to die all because of me.

After a while, she sighed. "This is all MY fault. I knew Avi was hurting. I knew he was."

I hiccuped and waited for Avi to open his green eyes. I waited for Avi to take off this mask and say it was a joke. I waited.

I waited.

//

Avi has been in a coma for a few weeks but he is excepted to wake up any minute now.

Everyone is worried about me. They think I'm going to do something to myself. Sometimes, I think about it. If I did what Avi did, would I accomplish?

Bad thoughts took over all my hopeful ones. Avi is practically already dead. Avi is dead because of me.

//

Days passed. Nights ended. There's almost no hope on keeping him alive.

No one wants to break the news to the fans. They all are too scared. All their Twitter feeds are ghostyards.

My only passion in life was to sing but now my only passion is patience. My only passion is the practically lifeless Avriel Kaplan.

//

God I miss him. I miss him so much. I want to shake him and wake up. I want to shake his whole body so he gets some sense knocked into him. So he gets the sense to wake up. Not only for me. But for everyone else too.

//

Weeks of my life wasted sitting at the edge of a lifeless bed have now overcome me. A tall shadow fell over the bed like nights do days.

"Bre, you need to go meet other people." A voice said from behind me. I didn't know who it was but I vigorously shook my head no. I'm staying with Avi. He can wake up any second now.

A deep sigh came from a person behind me. "Bre. this is for your own good." A low voice I never heard came from behind me.

Before who I could see who the voice was, a needle was injected into my arm. I stared in awe at the needle in my arm. Black spots entered my vision and I felt dizzy.

Everything spun. Avi spun, the paintings spun, and the window in the corner spun. Every particle of air spun like a Tilt-A-Whirl at a carnival.

Then I blacked out.

//

Light flooded my vision and my eyes opened to my old familiar room. There were masses of bodies on my floor. I turned on the light and all the masses turned into recognizable faces.

"Bre you have a date tonight you might want to rest up..." Groaned Aislyn.

"Aislyn you weren't supposed to tell her...." Said another tired voice.

A date? No. I'm waiting for Avi. I'm only waiting for Avi.

I groaned. "With who....." They giggled and poked another.

"Bre, do you remember last year when we were obsessed with O2l?" (authors note: I actually don't like 02l but the guy I'm using is hotter than my existence so if I get anything wrong sorry not sorry.)

"Um, yes!" I said while picking out an outfit to change into to be comfortable while watching Netflix later.

They giggled again. "Aislyn has some good connections and found out Kian's number. Turns out he's a huge fan of us too and says we are such an inspiration! Also that he thinks you're hot...." Breanna sang.

//

After a while of convincing, I agreed to it. I need to get my mind off Avi. I can't worry about him constantly.

They helped me pick out a nice causal but not too causal outfit. Kian and I were only going to the carnival so I knew it wasn't formal.

I wore a black muscle tank-top with pentatonix on the front and white high waisted shorts. Also, my speciality black converse. I had loose curls and light makeup.

This was the first time I looked presentable in weeks.

//

"Bre! He's gonna be here any minute! I can't believe you lost your phone!" Aislyn screamed from my kitchen. I finished throwing all the things off my bed.

"I'm sorry I'm too great to be alive and I forget things!" I yelled back. Tiredness from rushing took over me and I plopped down on my bed. There was something hard under my butt. I got up and patted the back of pants.

"Oops... HEY GUYS I FOUND IT!" I yelled to the wandering girls.

Breanna yelled back to me. "Good! Because he's here!" I mentally screamed and did a few last second checks in the mirror. For once, I looked fine as heck.

I ran down the stairs and jumped into Breannas arms at the end of the stairs. "Don't do anything you'll regret, Bre."

I winked at her. "No promises, mama." Breanna groaned and placed me on the floor. Aislyn wandered over to me and gave this whole speech on not getting pregnant.

Hugging them good bye was hard to do since I've spent hours on end with them at the hospital. I'm only going away for a few hours but it's still going to be hard for me.

The doorbell rang and I walked over to answer it. The door swung open and a stunning guy with amazing hair stood in my vision. He was fiddling with a few bracelets on his wrist and biting his lip.

I leaned against the door frame. "Hello gorgeous." I called to him and heard stifled laughs from indoors. He looked up and flashed a gorgeous smile.

"Wow. I'm Kian and you must be Bre." He said looking me up and down. I nodded and stood up straighter against the door frame.

I winked at him. "That's me. And trust me, I know who you are." Laughs came bursting out from inside. "I say that statement in the least creepy way possible."

Kian led me out to the car and we talked about ourselves on the way to the carnival. Turns out he's more serious than I expected. I like seriousness in guys but only at the right time. Other times, I loved humor. Especially dry humor like puns.

We stood in line for tickets and got an unlimited pass. Of course, Kian refused me to pay for my own.

There were so many rides to go on but I wanted to go on them all. It was a school day for the kids so none go to the carnival typically so the lines were shorter.

Kian and me got some cotton candy. We planned out a whole map of places to go.

This is gonna be the most fun I had in awhile.