Chapter 21

It was the next day at school, and Dan was still mad at me. He wouldn't speak to me at breakfast and he had Phil drive me to school. I have no problem with Phil driving me, but Dan always drives me, it was weird to have anyone else take to school. On the way to school Phil kept apologizing for the way Dan was acting, I appreciated  it, but it wasn't the same coming from Phil instead of Dan. But I knew that once I got to school I would be able to see Braden. That was the only thought get me through breakfast and the drive to school. once I got to school, I scoured the lunch room (where everyone in the morning had to wait to go to class before school started) but I couldn't find him. I sat around my friends talking, still looking around the room to find Braden. It was getting close to when the bell would ring, and we'd have to go to class. I finally saw Braden walk into the cafeteria, He noticed me, and quickly looked down, I blushed and turned back to my friends smiling.

He finally came up to my group of friends, and stood next to me, not talking and very stiff. he wouldn't look at me and he didn't talk. This continued for the rest of the day, even at lunch he couldn't look at me, but he continued a conversation with our friend. He also stopped eating in front of me, but I noticed every time I looked away he would take a bite of food. This carried on for the entire week, with him not talking to me or looking at me. I didn't know if something was wrong, or if he wanted to break up with me now. He wouldn't talk to me about it, even when I asked about it.

This went on for the rest of the week. It was now the end of the day on Friday, and I still hadn't heard anything except for over text. Finally I just asked him over text what was wrong.

Me: What's wrong? Why won't you talk to me? Do you want to break up with me now?

Braden: What?! Of course not... I just get really nervous... That's all...

Me: You get so nervous that you can't even talk to me in english over text sometimes?

Braden: 01011001 01100101 01100001 01101000 00101110 00101110 00101110      *translation: yeah...*

Me: Braden, you're gonna have to talk to me at some point.

Braden: I know...

I was texting him on the way home, with Phil driving. Dan was still mad at me. "Who are you texting so loyally?" Phil questioned me, glancing over at me briefly. "My boyfriend. You know, the one Dan didn't want me having." I said. I had decided that if Dan was going to be mad at me, I would be mad at him. Phil frowned out the window, still paying attention to the road. "Dan'll come around. Just give him some time." Phil said, trying to reason with me. I sighed knowing Phil was right, but I deserved this after so many years of not having friends and being bullied. "I know."