Chapter 12: Kisses & Mistakes

Start from the beginning

Mom slowly turned around and gave me the 'mom stare'.

"Okay, okay, sorry mom. Let's shop 'till we drop!"

"Don't ever say that again."

I grinned, "C'mon, mom! Let's shop 'till we drop!"

---

Clad in my peach colored dress, silver heels on, a clutch in my hand, I was ready to go. My makeup was simply done and my hair was in soft loose curls.

"Family of mine! Come down!" Mom screamed.

I turned off my bedroom light, gotta save the energy, and descended my way down the stairs and into the living room where mom and Jacob were.

"John!"

"Coming, coming!"

Mom sighed, "I want a good picture, alright? Family picture."

"Mom..." Jacob groaned. Mom turned around and sent him a glare.

Soon enough John came down and mom got her pictures.

30 minutes later we were standing in front of the hall where the business party was held.

"Let's get this over with." I murmured.

It's been an hour and half the adults here are drunk or at least tipsy. It's honestly a disaster. I've been munching on all the finger foods and all the desserts I could find.

"Zoe."

I quickly dropped my cookie in shock gasping. Hey! What a waste. I turned around to the voice and my eyes landed on Sean. I quickly eyed him up and down. He was clad in a nice sleek black suit and he looked very attractive. His hair was ruffled, in a very attractive way and well, he looks very hot.

"Done checking me out?"

My face tinted pink, "Shut up, I thought I saw a bug." I muttered lying.

"Mhmm," He hummed. "How long have you been here?"

"Way too long." I groaned, "Honestly, I just wanna go home."

Sean nodded, "Well, lucky for you, I discovered a balcony that's pretty secluded in this place so unless you want to spend another hour or two with a bunch drunk adults, you can come with me."

I weighed my decisions. Spend more time with drunk adults or spend time with Sean...

"Let's go," I said. I paused. "Wait." I turned around, grabbed a plate and grabbed a bunch of goodies and put it on the plate. I smiled, "Now, let's go."

Sean shook his head, chuckling.

I followed Sean to where the supposed balcony was. I grumbled, "I hate these shoes."

We soon made it and Sean pulled the heavy door open, letting me walk first. "What a gentlemen." I teased.

"Of course, princess." He winked.

I walked further and set the paper plate on the patio table that's been on the side. I walked a little more, propping my elbows on the railing. The light star covered sky was in my viewpoint. The light breeze could be felt and it felt amazing, especially since I was in a room full of a bunch of people.

I sighed in content. "This is so much better than the hall," I said, turning around facing Sean.

He smiled, "Aren't you glad you listened to me?"

I grinned, "Just a little bit."

---

I've made lots of mistakes in the past and I've realized the mistakes I made. Some hurt the people or some hurt me. It's really easy to make a mistake and sometimes you might not realize it's hurting the person or sometimes it's hurting you rather than the person.

Sean leaned in closer. I could smell his minty breath with the close proximity of our faces. We were only a few inches apart from our lips touching. At last, they touched and it felt strange...strangely nice in a sense.

Our lips moved in sync, Sean pulling me closer by the waist. I made a sound of shock, my hands grabbing onto the front of his shirt.

Realizing we were human and we needed to breathe, we pulled apart.

"I..I.." I stuttered, blushing like crazy. I've had a few kisses in the past and by far, this is probably the only kiss I've enjoyed.

"Zoe..." Sean murmured. "shìt."

I pulled apart from him, the warmth leaving. I inwardly groaned, running a hand through my curls or what was left of them.

"I.. I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry... it was a mistake... fück." Sean sighed.

I froze. It was a mistake... Of course. Of course, I should've known this was going to happen. I knew I shouldn't have gotten close to him. Dammit. After all, why would a guy like him ever fall, let alone kiss, someone like me?

"I.. yeah... yeah, mistake." I mumbled. "Look, uh, I have to go, my mom's probably looking for me," I said quietly.

Without looking back, I quickly got up, walked to the door and left, not looking back.

"Wait, Zoe!"

Maybe I could've stopped and listened to what he had to say but I didn't. I just walked away.

♡♡

Author's Note: two updates in one week? whatttt. i'm trying to update twice a week, we'll see how long i do it for, haha.

i have only four more days of school till summer break and i am hella excited. i cannot wait for summer! too bad i have finals but whatever, break is soon.

hope you aren't too mad at this chapter, heh, sorry.

comment, vote, share, etc.

xoxo - Mayyy