Chapter Fourteen: Going Out

Start from the beginning

Stiles watched Derek as they walked, keeping a hold on his arm so he wouldn't trip and fall. "You got a plan for if we find them?" he asked him. "Didn't exactly fair to well the Ahzi the last time you fought it" he said, though as he thought about it, Derek's only went up against it once.

Derek shrugged, "Don't got plan" he said honestly and looked at Stiles for a moment. "We were caught of guard last time, didn't know what it was. Might be different this time" he said with a smile.

Stiles nodded slightly, though he really wasn't so sure "Okay" he said and looked around, thought he couldn't see very far he did want to be aware of his surroundings. "From what we know we won't be able to hear it coming" he said and sighed softly. "how exactly are you supposed to be prepared for it?" he asked.

Derek sighed, "I don't know Stiles" he said with a small frown. "Guess we'll just have to just be careful" he said with a small shrug.

Stiles nodded slightly, wasn't like there was anything else they could do. "Sounds good I guess" he said with a small shrug. He looked around again, this time because it felt like they were being watched, hell they probably were, "Derek" he whispered, "Do you hear anything?" He asked.

"No why?" Derek asked and looked down at the human.

Stiles shrugged slightly, "I don't know, just feel like we're being watched or something." He said and shrugged again as he looked around a bit more. "Probably nothing" he mumbled, because he wasn't so sure about that.

Derek watched Stiles for a moment before focusing all his senses on their surroundings, just in case the human was right and they were being watched. From what he could tell there was nothing, not even an animal of any sort nearby. Which was strange all by itself, there should at least be something, even if it wasn't the Ahzi or Josie. He didn't tell Stiles about it at all though, he could already tell the guy was nervous didn't want to make it worse.

****

They walked around for a few hours, not finding anything, though the feeling of being watched never did leave Stiles. "Maybe we should just a night" Derek suggested after the third hour.

Stiles, who was breathing kind of heavily, nodded slightly "Yeah okay" he said exhausted and ready to start heading back. He leaned against Derek for a moment before making himself walk again, this time back towards the jeep. Unfortunately it would probably take another hour to get there. "We coming back out tomorrow night" he asked curiously and looked up at Derek with a small tired smile.

Derek looked down at him and chuckled softly "If you still want to tomorrow night I don't see why not" he said with a smile.

Stiles nodded slightly and decided not to think about it at the moment, he decide tomorrow.

It took over an hour to get back to the jeep, but it wasn't to bad. Stiles and Derek talked the entire time and it kind of made time just fly by. They both quickly climbed into the jeep and Stiles started the engine before pulling out of the grass and onto the road driving towards Derek's place, had to drop the werewolf off before he could go home.