Please be mine

I can't stop the rain from falling..

I can't stop my heart from calling you...

I can't stop my heart now..

Cause I already fell for you.

Miley walked into the cafeteria with her books and her phone. Little did she know that this day could change her whole life forever. She kept walking towards the only empty table in the room when she bumped into someone, throwing all her books and his phone to the ground. He looked like he was in a hurry, he bent down to help her collect her books and phone and grabbed his iPhone, then he looked into her eyes. That's when she realised they were the same familiar brown orbs. She felt so warm, so safe, so loved whenever she looked at him.
"Miley?" He finally spoke up not tearing the gaze.
She smiled at him and stood up. "You look like your in a hurry."
"Uhm.... Yeah! I mean I was searching for you." He looked down blushing. Miley dint know how to react. The way this boy was acting was so adorable. Everything about him felt so real, so true.
"But why?" She asked him, desperate to know the reason. Nick had no particular reason to search for her. He just wanted to be around her, keep looking at her, keep getting lost in her eyes.
"Uhm" Nick started "Just wanted to introduce you to say me people." He looked so cute when he was nervous. She giggled looking at him. For the next few moments, they just stood looking at each other. Both of them not knowing what to do, both of them desperate to look into each other's eyes, desperate to hear the other person's voice. Nick knew this was turning awkward. He had to act fast. He kept thinking about the things he could do, when he heard Joe'e voice from behind. He wasn't letting Joe hold her hand again this time. It should be him. Even without a second thought, he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the table where her brothers and friend were sitting. Initially Miley was startled by his action, but slowly embraced to his touch. His hands felt so soft, so warm. She felt the Sparks inside her. Something she never felt before. It was a feeling she could never explain, way beyond words.
Joe and Kevin looked at their little brother walking towards the table, holding Miley. They swore they were going to make it awkward for both of them.
"Oh hey Miley" Kevin said as she and Nick approached the table.
Miley smiled at the boys. "Hi Kevin" she waved.
"Remember me?" Joe shouted into her ear popping out of nowhere. His sudden scream scared Miley. She put her other hand onto Nick's shoulder. She dint realise what she was doing but Nick did, enjoying every moment of her touch. Joe burst into laughter.
"Geez Joe" She put her hand back on her chest for a dramatic effect. "You scared me."
Joe laughed louder and stuck his tongue out. "Sorry" he spoke again, "You dint but Nick loved it."
Nick's eyes grew wide in realisation. He appreciated what his brother did but this was turning awkward.
"Guys". another girl sitting beside Kevin spoke up. "He's with a friend, give him some privacy."
Joe stuck his tongue out at her and took his seat. "Oh hey Miley, I'm Danielle" she waved at Miley.
Miley returned the wave graciously.
"I'm Demi" the girl beside Joe spoke up. She was tall and had black hair, something about her told Miley they were going to be best friends.
"Well" Joe spoke again "You can leave her hand Nick"
They didn't even realise they were still holding hands. Miley smiled and took her hand back. The boy smiled too, but a small part of his heart was broken. He wanted to hold her hand for as long as he could.
Miley sat down and Nick sat beside her. The feeling of loneliness now wasn't even near her. She felt so comfortable with the people around her. She felt like she knew them for ages.
"Stop doing that" Demi yelled, looking at Joe who was digging the French fries into his mouth like a hungry monkey.
"Duoing whaapht" Joe spoke with his mouth full of fries. Demi rolled her eyes at him and wiped his mouth with a napkin. That was so adorable and somehow she pictured doing that to Her boy.
Snap out Miley!
"You look so cute together." She told them and they looked at her unbelievably. They were both at loss of words. None of them knew what to say. Just stared at Miley as if she was about to kill them. That wasn't the reaction Miley expected.
Nick gave a small chuckle and whispered "They like each other, but keep denying it" Miley smiled at the proximity of closeness between them. She could hear Nick breathing.
"Not as cute as you people." Joe smirked at the them. It was their time to give the terrified look now. That sure was awkward but Miley didn't want it to go any further. She had to tell them the truth before they start assuming stuff, especially Nick.
"Uhm" Miley spoke up and all the eyes on the table turned towards her, making it more difficult for her "I know this was just a joke but-" she started playing with her fingers not knowing what to say. She knew Nick wouldn't like it. She didn't mean to hurt him, but it was important for him to know, Atleast it would avoid any future misunderstandings.
"If you don't like the jokes, then I won't do it again." Joe said sternly looking at her.
"No no" Miley continued "it's not the joke Joe. It's just-"
"Then what is it Miley?" The soft voice beside her spoke up. This was going to be hard, very hard.
"I already have a boyfriend." She blurted out and looked down. She dint want to look at any of them. Everyone was silent for few minutes, not knowing what to say.
"You had to say that before." She heard his voice and He sounded different. She looked into his eyes, they were emotionless. Just plain brown orbs, no trace of life in them. "Joe loves making situations awkward." He gave out a small chuckle which made her smile too.
"Hey" Joe yelled "Don't make this about me. It's Demi's fault." He pouted.
"How is it my fault Joe?" Demi yelled at him.
"Who told you to wipe my mouth?" He stuck out his tongue.
"You looked like a goofball with that stuff in your mouth" she rolled her eyes.
"An adorable goofball" Joe corrected her, making everyone on the table laugh. Well, everyone except one.
"Guys I have to go" Nick said getting up, grabbing his phone. He couldn't take it any longer. He couldn't just pretend to be happy when he's actually dying on the inside. She wasn't just another crush of his. She was way beyond that, way beyond a random crush.
She was his first love.