Chapter 3 - Rescuing Trumpkin

The Pevensies were about to explain who they were when they heard voices in the distance, so faint it sounded like a whisper.
"He won't stop staring" said a voice.
"So don't look" replied another gruffly.
Amethy looked through the thick orchard of apple trees towards the lake. There there was a little wooden boat with two soldiers on it and a little bundle of something in between them.
"Oh no, Trumpkin" Amethy sighed. She dashed towards the balcony and jumped down - yes she jumped down from about two to three stories high - anxiety brewing in her. The four followed her, but took the safer way down the hill instead.
"Here's fine" said one of the soldiers.
Amethy watched in horror as they both lifted the bounded Trumpkin up in preparation to throw him into the deep waters of the lake. The Pevensies now realised that that bundle of something was alive and struggling.

A whizz sounded as Susan shot an arrow which hit the side of the boat, gaining the soldiers' attention.
"Drop him!" screamed Susan.
"Wait, no-" Amethy protested.
But it was too late. The soldiers threw Trumpkin off the boat, and he fell with a huge splash into the water.
Amethy ran towards the water, but before she could get herself wet, she was held back by Edmund's grip.
"We'll do this" he told her. She nodded.
Then, the two boys dived and disappeared into the water.
Amethy let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as soon as Peter emerged from the water and walked back on shore with Trumpkin. She kneeled down immediately to cut his bonds with her dagger and hugged him really tightly.
"You alright?" she asked. He nodded while taking out his gag, starting to cough up water. She patted his back lightly. Then his soft expression became hostile as he stood up.
"Drop him?! Is that the best you can come up with?" he asked Susan. Amethy glared at him.
"A simple thank you would suffice" said Susan simply.
"They were doing fine drowning me without your help" muttered Trumpkin.
"Trumpkin!" gasped Amethy.
Peter continued, "Maybe we should have let them" Amethy's glare shot up at him.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy questioned innocently. Amethy smiled at her. To her, she seemed to be the nicest of the four siblings.
"They're Telmarines. That's what they do" Amethy said, sighing.
"Telmarines, in Narnia?" Edmund raised an eyebrow.
"Where have you been in the past few hundred years?" asked Trumpkin.
Lucy answered, "it's a bit of a long story"
Susan handed Peter's sword back to him, catching Amethy's attention. She observed the hilt of the sword which was made of gold with a lion on it - exactly like High King Peter's sword, Rhindon. She blinked a few times, then all their actions started to make sense - their discoveries at Cair Paravel and their cluelessness towards everything in Narnia. She stared nudging Trumpkin.
Trumpkin surveyed the four of them suspiciously. For a moment he thought they could have been ghosts.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it?" Trumpkin started.
"You're the kings and queens of old?" continued Amethy.
"High King Peter, the Magnificent" Peter introduced, holding out his hand to Trumpkin.
"You probably could have left out the last bit" said Susan.
Trumpkin chuckled, "probably"
"You might be surprised" said Peter, drawing his sword.
"Oh you don't want to do that, boy" replied Trumpkin.
"Not me, him" Peter nudged Edmund.
"Then how 'bout I let her do it instead?" Trumpkin said as he looked at Amethy.
"No!" she mouthed. She knew that King Edmund was excellent at sword fighting during his reign.
"Yes!" Trumpkin lied. Lucy giggled a little.
Peter lowered his sword as Edmund and Amethy drew out their own.

Edmund sent the first blow. Amethy blocked it almost immediately, pushing his sword away with force, hitting his face. Edmund backed off, holding his nose.
"Edmund!" Lucy screamed.
"Aww, you alright?" Trumpkin mocked from the side.
He was still rubbing his nose. Amethy started to lower her sword. "You okay?"
Suddenly, Edmund struck. Her mind regeistered his scheme and ducked in time and slashed at his feet. He jumped, sending the blow under him. He brought his sword down at Amethy next. She got into defence mode and parried his blow.
"That wasn't very fair, was it?" she said, tackling Edmund.
"Rule number one in battle - do not ever show mercy towards your enemy" Edmund pointed out, smirking, sending three continuous blows towards Amethy. She blocked all of them skilfully.
"I see you're Narnia's enemy now" Amethy replied sarcastically, swinging her blade towards Edmund.
And then, in one quick movement and with the help of gravity, Edmund twisted his sword in an unexpected manner and sent a blow towards Amethy. She felt a painful stretch in her wrist, causing her sword to fly out of her grip. Edmund smirked and bowed mockingly at her.
"Beards and bedsteads, no one has ever beaten Amethy in sword fighting! Maybe that horn worked after all!" exclaimed Trumpkin, his face showing a mixture of bewilderment and excitement.
"What horn?" Susan asked.