I guess that’s why this song is forming now. I play for about half an hour, and the song forms fully, I decide to call it: “Take Me Back,”

 It’s not a positive song, but I’m not in a positive mood. I need Darren. Now.

 After about half an hour, a male Doctor in his twenties walks into the waiting area, asking for the “Family of Darren Criss?”

 I jump round and walk towards the doctor, flanked my Chris and Joey on either side of me. The rest of the Starkid’s and Glee cast that had assembled also followed behind. He looks quite taken aback by the large amount of people that grouped around him, but holds his own all the same.

 “And you are?” He asks me.

 “I’m Darren’s girlfriend,” I say, holding my head up high and looking dignified in case he was the disapproving type.

 Luckily, the doctor just smiled and turned to Chris and Joey in turn, who both said that they were close friends.

 “Well, I would like to talk to the three of you, and the rest of you can hear the news in turn afterwards,” He says, looking up at the slightly daunting site.

 Reluctantly, the rest of them retreat back to their seats, or pacing around the waiting room as the Doctor leads the three of us through to her office.

 We sit down across the desk from her and she introduces herself. “Hi, I’m Dr Will McHale; I am Mr Criss’ doctor. When he was emitted into hospital last night, he was in an extremely critical and unstable position, and we had to operate on him straight away.” At this comment I take one of Chris’s hands and one of Joey’s in one of my own and hold my breath.

 “Now, I can tell you that he is stable in the sense that he will survive.” I breathe out, thankful but Chris pounces.

 “What do you mean by that? “In the sense that he will survive?”” He asks.

 “I mean that we are unsure of what state he will be in –we can safely say-when he wakes up. He has a very effective gash to his head, which means that he may show signs of brain damage when he wakes up, we will not be able to tell until we run some brain scans. In addition to this, there is a chance that parts of his body may be paralysed due to the hit. We have no idea how badly he has been effected, something could have even happened to his voice.”

 He pauses before saying: “We just do not know until he wakes up. We can safely say that his position is stable, that is all.”

 “Thank you, Dr McHale,” I say, and for the first time in hours I smile.

 “Please, call me Will,” He replies, waving his hand in a dismissive manner.

 “Thank you, Will,” I say, and Joey and Chris say the same before we get up and leave.

 The second we get out, everyone pounces on us but I don’t say anything, I let the other two of them explain what Dr McHale said.

 My phone buzzes in my pocket and I check it to see Annie’s ID.

 “Hey, where are you?” I have to repeat it because she can’t hear me, due to my hoarse voice.

 “I had to pop into work and sort things out, but I’m on my way now,” Annie replies and her voice is crackly so I guess she’s by a main road.

  “I’m just across the road, so…whoa…”

 “What? What is it?”

 “The outside of the hospital is flooded with the press and fans.”