Chapter 30

My stay at the hospital was long and painful. The doctors tried weaning me out of painkillers the day after Ezra visited me and the pain had been almost unbeatable.

Thankfully the girls were always around to distract me. All Hanna had to do was glare at the poor nurse and visitation hours weren't an issue.

I still didn't remember what had happened at the day of the accident and doctor Baily said that I might never will.

I tried not to dwell much on that fact mainly because it scared me to death. Not knowing why I was that upset was scary enough. Ezra said that when he woke up I was gone. No mesage no nothing.

Speaking of which he had been sneaking in every day late at night and staying with me til I fall asleep.

He insisted he didn't mind slapping at the tiny plastic chair by the bed and I let him. After the night we shared together it was almost unbeatable to not being around him.

"Rise and shine sleeping head" nurse Mary all but screamed when she came in my room on Friday moring.

Ezra had left two hours ago because unlike me he still had to go to school, so I was awake ever since.

"You're getting out of this hello hole today Aria!" the nurse said and opened the curtains letting the dim November sun stream in.

"Hellhole? Aren't you supposed to love this place and your job?"

The nurse stared at me with a horrified expression and then whispered "Did I say that out loud?" which made me laugh, which in turn made me wince since my ribs weren't completely healed.

"Either way you're out. Your mom will be here shortly to pick you up"

Getting out of the hospital was a bigger ordeal than I would have thought. Imagine trying to do anything with one broken arm and the matching leg.

I felt even more humiliated when the nurse had to weel me out of my room and into the waiting area in a wheelchair.

"Hey baby how do you feel?" mom asked while helping me to get my foot to fit into the backseat.

"Okay I guess. Can't wait to get home and not wear that hideous robe for one more second."

She just laughed and shook her head while maneuvering out of the hospital parking lot.

"Trust you to have fashion issues while in the hospital sweetie"

-

"Mike! Can you bring me the portable tv please?" Sunday night had that effect on depressing the daylight out of you, especially when it's hard to move.

I thought watching TV after a week of being cut off from the world would ease that feeling.

Mike put his head in my room and shook his head. "Sorry Aria, can't"

"What do you mean can't? Is the tv broken or something?"

"Uhm yeah sure" he said and shrugged. I could tell he was lying but I chose to ignore it. Why wouldn't he let me watch tv?

"Okay. What about my laptop then? I can't find it"

"Oh yeah mom borrowed it the other day it's in her apartment"

I frowned since mom never touched my stuff and the whole situation was off.

I couldn't even use my phone because it took a bigger hit than I did during the accident. A cop found it a foot away from where I was laying smashed beyond belief so there went nothing.

"Sorry Aria, why don't you try to get some sleep and we'll talk tomorrow"

I decided to play along, a plan already forming in my head.

"Yeah sure. I'm tired anyway these meds are making me sleepy." I made a show out of punching my pillows and then yawning.

Mike seemed please with himself and after I closed my eyes he left.

I waited two hours until I got up. I had touble hopping around with one good leg but somehow I managed to get to the living room without waking up Mike or Dad.

I took the control and after I made sure the volume was low I turned on the Tv on.

The Rosewood news reporter Misty Shorewood greeted me on screan and the headlines informed me she was ready to deliver the night news program.

"Good evening from Rosewood this is Misty Shorewood with your late night news forecast.

Police are still investigating the hit and run incident that took place exactly a week ago here in Rosewood."

I gulped out loud and inched closer to the screen. Police?

"The 18 year old student Aria Montgomery was found unconscious on early friday last week in the middle of the street.

Neighbours saw the unlucky girl and called the paramedics saving the girl from certain death.

Police were sure to investigate the scene after the girl's health was stabilized in the hospital and found out something shocking.

Deputy Johnson had once closed the case as a simple hit and run case yet as new evidence resurfaced the verdict changed.

We are sorry to intorm you that Aria Montgomery was not a victim of an accident.

It was a murder attempt."

To be continued...

-------------

Hi tiny chapter bc it's just part one of chapter 30 but i wanted to publish sth since it's been ages.

The reason why i didn't update sooner was bc i started going to uni. I'm majoring in english which im hoping will improve my crappy writing and make yall happy.

SBD TRIED TO MURDER ARIA

did you see that one coming.??

Comment bellow who you think did it and let's get this freakshow of a story to 10k reads shall we?

Chapter 30 part 2 is goona be up soon ily