Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Ariana

Our new English teacher?Oh no,this is so not happening to me...How can Ezra,uhm,Mrs Fitz be my teacher?He's too young to be one,definitely in his early twenties...but then again he did mention he was just starting his first teaching job.

''Emily Fields?''My head snapped to Ezra- uhg I mean Mr.Fitz,god it's difficult to call him that way-who had called Em's name who in turn called ''Right Here'' like there was no problem and raised her hand to get his attention.

Sure,she was okay.After all she wasn't the one who was making out with him just minutes ago!Mr.Fitz went on calling out names from the catalogue and I watched as the guys called out affirmative responses and seemed bored when they were called while the girls of the class was eyeing the new teacher like a piece of meat.

Could I really blame them though?He looked so good in those clothes.Still I couldn't help but feel jealous.

''Aria Montgomery?''Ezra called his beautiful eyes landing on me.I did a double-take and I just managed to choke out an almost audible ''That's me''.It's not that he didn't know who I was anyway.Sure he didn't know what my last name was but come on,how many 'Aria's can be in one class?

He nodded at my response and after calling out a few more names he told us to open the book we will be studying-''To Kill a Mockingbird''-and read the first two pages.

I fished it out of my bag along with a notebook and turned to the first page.I had only read the first five lines when I felt  like  somebody   was watching me.I looked up and sure enough a pair of dark blue eyes stared back into my green ones.

Before I had the chance to do something he looked away,and went one to read a copy of the book he was holding.Disappointment washed over me but then again we were in the middle of the class and it's not like he could say something to me.I guess I had to wait til the end of the day to talk.Boy did I dread that moment.

~*~

The rest of the class went on uneventful.We analyzed the beginning of the book,well the rest of them did,'cause I was too distracted by him to actually pay attention to what he was saying.From what I gathered though he was really good at his job.When the bell rang- being the coward I was- I fled from English real quick and headed to my next class,that I didn't share with any of the other girls and for once I was grateful.I wanted to be along to think.

I finally made it to lunch two periods later.I was dizzy from being so nervous so I decided to get something to eat.After settling with a slice of pizza and coke I made my way to the table the girls were already sitting at.

''Hey Guys''

''Hey''-''Hi''Spencer and Emily said while Hanna waved her plastic fork in front of me 'cause she was too busy stuffing her mouth with her lettuce.Hanna the calorie's freak.I shook my head at her and took a bite from my pizza.

''So how was Algebra,is it like Einstein difficult?''Emily asked Spencer,clearly referring to her A.P. Algebra class.

''It was okay,nothing unmanageable and hey,if Melissa could do it then so will I.''Spencer replied.Melissa was her older perfect-at-everything sister and the rivalry between those two was over the top.