Chapter 29 - On The Road

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I smiled nervously, clinging on to the sheet as if it could give me some sort of reassurance. "I meant it. I meant every word. Did you?"

Noah suddenly reached out and grabbed my hips, pulling me towards him in one swift movement so my hands were spread out on his bare chest. He grinned down at me and kissed me lightly, before cupping my cheek.

"Your damn straight I meant it," he whispered, his eyes twinkling with what could only be relief as he leant down to kiss me again.

Laughing softly, I dodged him and stepped back. An annoyed look crossed Noah's face as he watched me. "Oh so now you're not the kissing type?" he mumbled, cocking an eyebrow at me.

"No, I happen to enjoy your kisses," I said truthfully, sighing as a smug look crossed his features. "But we need to get on the road if we're gonna make it by tomorrow evening, so I'm going to go and have a shower."

Turning around, I walked to the door and pushed it open, stepping in to the bathroom. Still clinging on to the sheet wrapped loosely around my body, I spun, intending to shut the door behind me. But instead, I crashed in to a rock solid chest taking me by surprise. I yelped, not realizing Noah had been behind me. As I looked up at him, I wondered how he moved so quickly, and so quietly without me noticing.

"And what do you think you're doing?" I smiled, trying to step back, but finding myself blocked by Noah's muscled arms wrapped around me tightly. "You know I'm trying to have a shower, right?"

"I do know," he nodded, completely deadpan. "But what makes you think you'll be taking it alone?"

I felt myself blush bright red as I stared up at him. And before I knew what was happening, he kicked the door shut behind him and grinned. I opened my mouth to try and protest, but I closed it just as quick, knowing that I didn't really want him to leave. Suddenly, he flicked his right hand out and opened the sheet, watching as it fell to floor, leaving me standing before him with nothing but a smile.

He gulped, raking his eyes over every inch of me, and I could feel my cheeks heating. My hand reached out to shield my scar, like an unconscious reaction that I just couldn't stop. But Noah shook his head and took hold of my hand, preventing me from doing so.

"You're even more beautiful than I remembered," he whispered, stepping out of his shorts and wrapping his arms around me. "It's kind of ironic, don't you think?"

"Ironic?" I breathed, my desire going in to overdrive as I pressed against his bare chest. "What's ironic?"

"Well," he laughed softly, nuzzling my neck. "One of the first times I saw you, stepping out of the shower in just a towel, you said I'd have to dream to see you like this - "

"I remember," I interrupted, threading my fingers through his hair as he licked my earlobe gently.

"Now here we are," he chuckled, reaching down to take hold of my hand and pulling me in to the shower. "You find me irresistable, and you're about to take a shower with me."

"Certainly looks that way," I smiled, closing my eyes as he reached past me and turned the nozzle, causing the water to shoot out of the shower head.

My hair was  immediately plastered to my forehead, and I savoured the warm feeling of the water cascading down my body. For a brief second, everything fell away, but when Noah wrapped his arms around me again, I was snapped back to the present. Before I could even open my eyes, he spun us around so I was backed up against the wall, with nowhere to go.

I looked up in to his eyes, shielded from the water as it pelted against his back. "Oh jeez," I laughed. "Are you turning in to a sex fiend?"

"Oh honey," he smiled, winking at me. "I've always been a sex fiend, and I've been waiting for you for a long time. And now that I've got you, I intend to take full advantage."