Chapter 29-The Aftermath

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Yeah. Lets get my handsome home to your place and get you settled. I am more than sure they will be calling soon."

Cordell

Tonight after my phone call yesterday with my brother I was released. Big up to Dre's Lawyer. He the real Mvp right now. He got me out with everything dropped. I would like to know how I was the ONLY one pinned and How he did it. I don't know right now, but i'm not about to question it right now. But having this happen, i'm starting to re consider being in this sh*t. This was a wake up call that i'm not about this life. What if I was sentenced to crazy time? I don't think I would be able to take being away from my girl and son and my fam real talk. I don't know what ima do. I know it won't be easy to leave.

"I told you I was going to get you out of there bruh.!" Dre said driving and reaching over with his hand grabbing my head.

"Yeah man thanks bro."

"Welcome to how real sh*t happen though."

I was pissed and frustrated at this moment. I had no words to respond. I really just want out. Whats keeping me is knowing the responsibilities I have and promised to keep. I will figure it out.

"Ey man skittles you a little too quiet back there. Ya boy out. You good man?" Dre asked skittles who rode with him to get me. He been acting strange since the rolled up and got me.

"Yeah man I'm chill."

I looked in the back seat to look at him. He had his eyes close with his hand on his head massaging his temples. Something definitely was on his mind.

Nishelle

I was in Caiden's Nursery breast feeding Caid with the help of my mom aiding me. I heard the front door unlock and was ready to jump up but realizing Caiden was in my arms nursing and didn't want to disturb him.

"Ma go see if thats Dell". I know Dre had his keys so I wasn't sure.

My mother got up and sure enough as soon as I heard loud noises and talking I knew. I smiled so hard. I heard a bunch of foot steps coming up the stairs so I quickly put the nursing blanket over Caid's head.

"Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!" I lowly yelled.

Cordell rushed over to me planting kisses all over my face.

"Hey babe"

I started crying out of nowhere. I was just happy he was out.

"What happened. Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah them stupid a** holes charged me wrong basically. But i'm out thats all that matters. "Look at lil man." He lifted up the nursing blanket to peek in. "How is he?" He asked.

"Good. He eat like a grown man. He been on me mostly since we got home."

"Spoiling already." He said shaking his head.

"No y'all will be doing that."

"Aye shell, mama M, Dell Im out I gotta get to Melanie and gotta get skittles home. Ima check on y'all lata." Dre spoke.

We all said bye to skittles and Dre. My mother left us in the room saying she would be in the guest bed room If i needed her. She is going to stay my first week home with Caiden to help us out and get settled.

"Babe I was so scared that you wouldn't be coming home." I said Laying a now sleeping Caiden in his crib for a moment and turning around to hug Cordell.

"I know. Im sorry you had to see that. I'm going to assure you that that sh*t won't be happening again." He said Tensing up.

Noticing what he did I looked up at him with my chin on his chest. "Are you going to be okay?"