Chapter 10

Abby's POV

I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. He groaned and took a step forward, leaving no space between our bodies, and threaded his fingers through my long hair.

He broke the kiss and kissed my nose, and then my jaw, and then down my neck.

I sighed happily and clutched onto him, relishing the waves of happiness that took over all of my other emotions. My stomach grumbled, and I looked down at it.

Austin didn't notice since he was still too busy smothering my neck in kisses. So I smirked and suddenly broke away from him, and sprinted to the kitchen.

He stood there dumbfounded for a second.

"Tease!" He shouted at me.

"I'm hungry!" I called back.

I heard him growl and stomp to the kitchen. I turned around from my peanut butter and honey sandwich, an innocent smile on my lips, to see him in the doorway, arms crossed, pouting.

My eyes flicked to his lips, and I couldn't help but notice how full and pink they were.

"Do you need something, dearie?" I snickered.

He glared at me.

I shrugged and turned back around, and cut my sandwich into two triangles, and placed them on a plate. Suddenly, Austin snuck up behind me, kissed the top of my head sloppily, ruffling my hair, and stole the sandwich.

"Austin!" I screamed, whirling around.

He was already out of the kitchen and hurtling over the stairs. I sprinted after him, but tripped and fell halfway up the stairs, my head banging on one of the steps. I let out a little shriek.

By this time he was already in his room, and I was sprawled out on the stairway, my head pounding in pain. Great. It was as if since my father wasn't here to hurt me, then I would hurt myself.

Austin must have heard the large thump, since his door flew open.

"Abs? Are you okay?"

I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to move.

"Abby! I'm sorry...you can have your sandwich back." He ran down and scooped me up, and my eyes fluttered open in shock. Austin speed-walked back into his room and set me down on his bed, placing the plate in my lap.

"Sorry." He said again, a guilty look on his face. "Did you hit your head?"

I nodded, eating the sandwich.

He prodded my head gently and kissed it again, gently this time.

"All better." He said, smiling softly.

I laughed and gave him half of my sandwich.

"All better." I confirmed.

We sat on his bed for the rest of the day, talking, laughing, telling stories, sharing jokes, tickling, teasing, and kissing. I wouldn't have been able to stop smiling if I wanted to. He dropped me off at my house at 8:00 P.M., and I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Today was fun," I smiled. "I hope we'll have more days like today. It felt...right."

Austin smirked and nodded. "Me too, Cammie. I'll sing for you more. Do you want me to come inside and check things out?"

I shook my head no. My father was probably still passed out drunk in his bedroom.

"I'll call you if I need anything." I said.