Chapter 7

Hey guys I know it's been a while. Please keep up the comments, votes and fannings :D It all means so much to me. Thank you to all that have PM'd me. You all touch me deeply with your compliments. 

***********************************************

Jack Peterson's P.O.V

I can't believe I just shot her. I hate this, all I ever wanted to do was take her and Tomas as far away from their mother as I could. But the longer I stayed, the harder it got to get away. Her mother is so beautiful and smart but she's controlling and abusive. She's manipulative and foul tempered. I held her in my arms until she became unconscious.

“You sick bastard!” I heard him yell from the door.

“Sweetheart, it's not his fault” Rosa says to her son.

“How is it not! He shot her! He abuses her!” James yells.

He should hate me, I'm a monster.

“The ambulance are on their way as well as the police. Jack dear I suggest you tell them what Tarah has been threatening you with. Tell them the whole truth sweetie” She says soothingly.

I nod my head as I try to stop my tears. I look down at Ann-Ray to see she's stopped breathing.

“She's not breathing” I say.

James pulls me away from her and starts to do CPR. Out of all the men in this world. I know I'd prefer him being with my daughter. I know I don't deserve a say in her life or Tommy's. I don't deserve a life of my own for that matter. I should have been a man and stood up to Tarah.

Soon the police and ambulance arrived. I didn't fight arrest and went willingly. Once down at the police station I was put in an interview room. My boss came walking in. He looked disappointed. Once he sat down he looked up at me.

“Tell me what happened” He says.

“I shot her. I shot my own daughter. I killed my own mother. I tried to kill my son. I did all of what you think I did. I abused my daughter. I let a man rape her” I say with so much detest.

“Why?” He asks.

I look away. Ashamed of my own answer.

“Her mother. My wife, she's the daughter of a powerful evil man. I know, A police officer and a villain. She was so sweet when we met. But after Ann-Ray was born she went sour, she got jealous. I tried to get away from her. But I couldn't. She said she'd have me, Tommy and Ann-Ray killed if I left. She'd threaten to kill Ann-ray if I didn't show I hated her. If I showed any affection toward Ann-ray. I would lose her forever, so I abused her” I say.

“Why did you kill your mother?” He asks.

“Ann-Ray told my mother what I was doing to her. I told my mother why I was doing it. Tarah found out and had my mother killed” I say.

“That doesn't mean you killed her” He says.

I shake my head with tears brimming.

“I may as well have been the one holding the gun” I say.

“What about your son, was it the same with him?” He asks. I nod my head.

“Why did you shoot Ann-Ray?” He asks.

“I was aiming for Rosa, Ann-Ray told Rosa what I had done. Tarah had tapped into Ann-Ray's phone and could hear everything. She told me to shoot Rosa. She said if I didn't then she would kill me, my family and my children” I say.

He nods his head in understanding.

“Unfortunately, we wont be able to just set you free. We will need to get a statement of your wife to confirm this. If she doesn't then this will go to court” He says.