Chapter 1 - I'm leaving?

>14.10.15

My name is Meryl Winston. My old name I should say. Im 16.

My dad died years ago along with my older brother Jense Winston.

They died in an accident.. Mom felt really lonely and sad after they're gone.

She found a new boyfriend and wanting to get my permission on their marriage.

Obviously I had to say yes even though it's scary thinking that i will have a "step-father". But he wasn't one of those typical step dads that will scold me for nothing.

Pfttt luckily?

My step dad's name is Min Yee soon.

YES he's a korean!

That's why I totally had to change my name.

Now my name is Min Yeonji. I can choose my name though, appreciate that.

- Yeonji's pov -

I looked at my watch. It's 30 minutes before school ends.. "Urghhh time is so slow!" I growled.

I'm at a park doing god knows what.

I'm sick of going to school seeing fake ass people like really, so I skipped school (as usual) and went to the nearest park to grab some air.

I can't stand it.

I went off the swing I was sitting and walked around.

It's been so long since the last time I went to school. I miss school? "Ew no way."

I shook my head. I saw a family of 3 walking towards me, how long did all those happy family things happened to me?

I think it's time to go home. School ended a while ago, I can't make myself suspicious. I walked home with a faster speed.

"Mom, I'm back!" I put on a smile after opening the door.

"Meryl? You're back..come here for a while honey.." Mom said with a shaky voice, she cried earlier? (And yea mom still calls me Meryl)

I went to the kitchen seeing mom with watery eyes?

"Mom...what's the matter?" I asked.

"Honey, Meryl why would you skip school?"

She found out?! I was too scared.

I used to be a good student until my friends, I mean classmates started laughing that I don't have a father and lost my brother.

"M-mom I-i it's just for today..." You stuttered.

"Honey, please don't lie to mommy... Your school principle called me. She asked me why did you skip school for f-for a month.." She is totally swimming in her own tears .

"I-I'm sorry..." I started crying too.

"Honey, I know you still miss your father and mostly your brother..but they will be sad seeing us like this okay? We must go on... Yee soon and I have thought of leaving America and continue our new lives in South Korea. We are leaving next week okay Meryl honey?" Mom finally stopped sobbing.

"Okay mom...but how are we suppose to communicate there?" I thought of this.

"I will go to some language classes along with you, no need to worry about that. You can start packing up your things okay.."

I just nodded. What else can I say?

I turned to go upstairs. "Meryl, don't skip school anymore okay? I've told principle that you'll be changing school by next week."

"Okay mom.." I went upstairs straight into my room. I rested on my bed looking at the ceiling. 'South Korea? Me?' Whatever... At least I can leave this place.