Chapter 8

I wake up the next morning from a restless night, everything that happened yesterday is still fresh in my thoughts.

I quickly shower and dress before packing my bag and heading out the door.

I slowly walk towards the dining hall, not sure if I want to get there in case Hannah did decide to tell someone about me.

If that was the case, I can't blame her. I can still remember how hurt she looked after my secret got out.

My thoughts were interrupted my the annoyingly addictive smell of none other than Adrian. A second later; "Hey there, babe. You miss me?" His deep voice whisper in my ear, making me want to shiver in delight.

"And why would I miss an ego-driven jerk like you?" I reply sweetly, batting my lashes a bit for added effect.

He scoffed. "I am not ego-driven. The only thing getting me through the day is you, and your sweet smile." I couldn't help the shiver that time that raced down my back, his voice really effected my wolf and therefore, it affected me.

I stop walking, and turn to face my mate. "What do you want Adrian?" My voice laced with annoyance to help cover up the joy.

I wanted to smack that grin off of his face though, that I was certain of. "Haven't we been over this before, babe? I want you." This time, it was my turn to scoff.

"You only want me because you can't have me." I keep my voice level, not wanting to give in to his charades. "And don't call me babe."

I turn away from him again and continue into the dining hall, making my way to the main eating area when all of a sudden I am yanked by my arm into something that I think is a closet.

I growl out a warning, already knowing who it is by the tingling feeling on the skin of my upper arm.

I squint slightly as a light switch is flipped and the luminecent lights come to life. "Listen here, Sophia. I will call you what I want, when I want. You are my mate. You belong to me." Adrian's voice sounded so cold that my skin prickled with goosebumps.

I hiss in frustration. What in the hell is wrong with his mind? Did his mother drop him one too many times?! "I do not belong to you!" I spit the words out for what seems like the hundredth time.

Before I can say anything else though, I feel his lips feather a kiss to mine. The kiss was nothing like before, soft and caring rather than demanding and desparate.

I can't help but kiss him back, my nature wanting me to be with the one meant for me. As I feel the kiss become more intense, my knees nearly give out under me and just to hold myself up, I wrap my arms around Adrian's neck.

Adrian's arm snakes around my waist, holding me against him while the other slides down to my thigh.

I take the hint and jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist as he props me up against a shelf, his pelvis the main point of my support.

I open my mouth slightly when I feel his teeth graze my bottom lip. His tongue makes quick work of entering my mouth and connecting with mine.

A sound, something like a moan escapes the back of my throat and then suddenly, the heat of his body is ripped away from me and I am dropped to my feet, my chest heaving with every breath.

I turn my eyes to Adrian's face to gaze at the cocky smirk on it. That little shit! I growl to myself and shoot the handsome boy infront of me a glare.

"Still think you don't belong to me?" The amusement is evident in his words and I would give nothing more than to drown out everything again with another kiss- wait, what. No. I shake my head to rid myself of those thoughts.

I huff at him and storm out of the closet, not even taking the time to check my probably deshevled appearance.

I hurry into the dining room, not looking where I was going and so I run into the back of someone, I knew that it must be a girl because of her height. Nearly all male were's were atleast 6" and this person was definitely shorter than my 5' 10" body.

Careful not to trip over myself, I mutter an apology while looking to see who it was. I ended up looking into the hurt filled eyes of Hannah, my brain not functioning what to do, I just stutter out; "I-I Ugh.."

A sheepish smile crosses her face and I can't help but think that she has lost her marbles- I mean, yesterday, wasn't she furious with me?

"Hey, Hannah." I try to smile at her but it just comes off as a grimace- I never was one that was good at faking emotions.

"Hi. Look, can we talk?" I stare at her, astonished at how she is being so level-headed right now.

"Um, sure. Just let me get something to eat first." I gestured towards the line for food and grabbed a tray, heading past the food and picking up a few pancakes and an apple on my way.

I headed over to Hannah and I's usual table and set the tray down awkwardly, I honestly have no idea what to do right now.

I silently sat down across from the petite brunette, sneaking glances at her every time I took a drink from my juice.

I decide to break the silence though, it is almost painful with anticipation of what she might say.

"Hann-"

"Soph-" We both started at the same time, and I can't help the laughter that bubbles out of me. We always did seem to speak at the wrong times.

Hannah joined in on my laughing fit, nearly knocking over her own bottle of juice as her hand whips to clutch her no doubt aching abdomen.

"I'm sorry Sophia." She began after getting herself under control, "I never should have reacted like that. I know why you wouldn't want to tell me such a thing. I just felt hurt at the time because I thought that we were becoming good friends." She sighs and stares down at her dainty hands.

I can feel the faint burn of tears at the back of my eyes at her words. She was such a nice person to forgive me, but I hardly feel like I deserve it.

"I'm sorry too, Hannah. I should have told you myself instead of you finding out like that." I sigh heavily, feeling a little bit of the burden lift off of my shoulders. I reach over and place one of my hands on hers, hoping to giver her some comfort. "Can we start over?"

I smile to myself at the way that her eyes instantly brighten. "Really? That would be awesome! Okay-" She takes a deep breath and I look at her, confused as to what she is doing. She holds out a hand to me, as if to shake it. I hesitantly take it, trying to follow whatever it is that she is doing. "-Nice to meet you! My name is Hannah, daughter of Alpha Hayes and Luna Tianna of the Running Moon Pack."

I finally understand what she is doing and I smile brightly back at her, my cheeks almost aching at how far they are stretched. "Nice to meet you too, Hannah. My name is Sophia, daughter of Alpha Theodore of the Blood Moon Pack-"

I jump in my seat when all of a sudden there is a loud crash and two large figures come barreling into the dining hall. I look around frantically to get a handle on the situation when I hear an all too familiar voice yell out; "Bastard!" Right before a deafening crack of a fist against something echos through the now silent room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading this chapter! I'm sorry if this one was kinda boring but it was just a filler. I am slow on updating because I am trying to line up how I want the plot to go and that is taking up a lot of my free time that I have. (Not that I have much with school and basketball games.) I promise to try and update more often!

Once again, if you have any suggestions or requests for material in this book, feel free to comment here or PM me! :)

Please Vote & Comment!

~Shay