Chapter 3

The next day, I wake up to the vague sound of someone knocking on my door. Thinking that it was just a dream, I close my eyes. Wishing to be engulfed my sleeps blanket once again- only to hear the knock again.

Groggily, I sit up, glancing at the Alarm clock on my nightstand. 7:00.  I quickly put on my robe when I hear the persistent knocking again and walk over to the door. Gently pulling it open. "Hello?" I ask as I look out to see no other than Hannah standing there before me.

Her eyes instantly brighten up when she sees me. "Sophia! This is your dorm too? I'm sorry to wake you but I am the volunteer wake-up call! How are you? Why did you run off last night? I was so worried." As she keeps blasting off questions at my barely awake state, I hold up a hand in the hopes to silence her. 

Gladly, she quiets down and I step back, opening the door so that she may enter. I quickly try to comb through my tangled hair, suddenly self concious on my appearance. "I'm sorry I ran off last night. Something just came up that I needed to deal with." I try to make my lie convincing but it has never been one of my strong points.

She raises an eyebrow questioningly, but I just smile, hoping that she doesn't press any further. "So, how was the dinner last night?" I asked, trying to change the subject away from me.

Hannah smiles, and looks at me with those big, chocolate orbs. "It was amazing! A few girls came and sat with me after you left and everything went well except that there was a little disagreement when one of the higher ranked guys ran out of the room, shoving over some people in the process. I mean, what could be so important that he had to plow right through?" She huffs and I can't help but feel my face drain. Was that Adrian? I sigh, my wolf has been crazy ever since we found Adrian. Damn him and his arrogant attitude.

'Don't forget about his lickable body' My wolf adds in.

'Oh, would you shut up already about wanting to lick him? It's starting to get creepy.' I retort, irritated with her horny behaviour.

'I bet he would love to be licked. So, no I will not shut up.' She purrs.

"Sophia? You ok?" I glance up at Hannah, noticing that she is still standing in front of me.

I nod and say; "Well, I think I should get ready for school." Thankfully, she takes the hint and leaves my room, going to wake the next person. 

I collect my towel and head to the shower, taking 10 minutes to massage the rose scented shampoo into my hair and lathering myself in vanilla body wash. After finishing, I step out and look at my reflection, pretending that it was my mother. "Wish me luck mom." I had been talking to my reflection like this ever since I was a child, it helped with the fact that I had lost her and it wasn't too hard because of our apparent similarities.

I walk out of the bathroom, wrapped in my robe. I head to the dresser and pull out the school uniform I am to be wearing. I pick out a basic black bra with matching panties and pull them on, next pulling on the white button up shirt. After doing it up, I step into the short pleated, black skirt and tuck my shirt into it. I grumble to myself, looking at the skirt. Have these people even heard of the word conservative? 

Reluctantly, I bring the  red and black striped tie over my head and tighten it- these things are so uncomfortable! The last things to be put on are my red blazer that bore the gold emblem of a wolf on the breast, and I was ready to go. 

Grabbing my small, leather backpack, I head out the door, only to be hit with that scent again. Sensing which direction it was coming from, I quickly locked the door and hustled in the other direction. Today was orientation so I decided to head straight there, not wanting the chance of seeing Adrian to come up.