"There's Hayley." I said nodding at my best friend as she flirted with a dirty blond.

"Showtime babe." Spencer said quietly. "So what are you trying to say?" He said loudly.

"I'm just saying you're not going to get anything done if all you do is drink and sleep around. You need a girl to help put you in your place."

This is so fucking stupid.

"Fine, I'm done fighting about this." Spencer said. I rolled my eyes at his choice of words. As if Spencer would actually give up that easily. "Who do you have in mind?"

I sighed and scanned the room. "How about giving Hayley another shot? Seriously this time." I said flatly.

Spencer gave me a doubtful look and shrugged. "I'll go talk to her now."

By this point his booming voice was driving me insane and catching everyone's attention; including a very skeptical and perplexed Hayley. Spencer turned around and made his way to her. I looked over his shoulder and saw that her face was blank but she was playing around with her jewelry, meaning she was nervous.

God how is it that my friend and I like the same guy and I don't have enough balls to just apologize and explain that I like him? That would make more sense.

Then again, how did my friend and I manage to become interested in an idiot who thought this was a "foolproof" plan?

The world may never know.

I decided to leave the two love birds alone and go get a drink. I saw Tyler from the other party and smiled. He saw me and smiled, waving me over.

"Hey, long time no see." He said, embracing me in a hug.

"Yeah, I'll say." I said warmly, smelling his cologne which smelled amazing.

I looked at him and sized him up. He was attractive and definitely my type. I just wasn't sure if I could be one of those people that just switched from guy to guy. But on the other hand Spencer isn't even interested in me that way. He's just the world's biggest tease.

What the hell, why not?

"You want a drink?" He asked, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans. I nodded my head and smiled softly at him. I stood closer to him and I felt an arm wrap around my waist as he pulled me towards the counter full of alcohol. "What's your poison?" He asked, shooting me a grin.

"I'll take a rum and coke."

"Ah, I like it. I might just get one myself." He said, opening a can of coke and grabbing a bottle of rum.

"You have good taste." I laughed. From the corner of my eye I saw Spencer looking at me. I subtly turned around and saw Hayley laughing while telling a story. Spencer was nodding his head, a smile on his lips. Every few seconds he would smirk at me and I'd shake my head. He's supposed to be helping me get my best friend back, not making faces at me. God I hope this works.

Spencer's POV:

"And ever since we've been best friends; that is until recently." Hayley said, nibbling on her lower lip.

"Why don't you just talk to her? She just wants a second chance, besides she didn't do anything that bad." I said in an annoyed voice. Shit, I was supposed to side with her and subtly coax her into forgiving Kelsey. Meh, what the hell?

She furrowed her brow at me and pulled her drink from her lips.

Uh-oh.

"What do you mean? I thought just a few minutes ago you were saying I was right for getting mad at her?"