Chapter Seven: Hot Water Hog

Start from the beginning

I felt my vision flicker from the detailed vision of my wolf to the dull vision of my human side until it all went blurry. I quickly closed my eyes feeling the oncoming headache as my wolf tried pushing through until the headache went away. I opened my eyes not expecting what I had.

It was actually my own vision for once.

Usually, I would never actually be able to do that. I'm pretty sure Kieran wasn't even expecting it by the way he held his hand up a bit, ready to grab me in case I bolted for him or even town like I did the second day of training. My wolf honestly believed that the girl that she managed to practically make bald would still be at the mall.

"I did it," I said in awe as I lifted up my hands. I just stared at the palms of them liking how dull and not super detailed they looked in my  vision. "I actually managed to-" I began before I was interrupted by my own grunt of pain as my headache returned. Only this time, it was much worse. My hands immediately flew to the sides of my head as I squeezed my eyes shut. I had a feeling that now my wolf wasn't just mad at Kieran. Almost as if on cue, a snarl ripped through my head making me clench my teeth together.

Kieran wrapped his arms around me. He was trying to tell me something, but there words wouldn't come through. I was too wrapped up in the mental fire setting a blaze to everything in my head to listen.

I tried not giving into her. I really did. I tried thinking of how awful it could end up being if she got control, again. Instantly, another snarl ripped through my head making me flinch back and squeeze my eyes shut even tighter.

That's when I felt it. The familiar haze that seemed to wash over me frequently.

"No," I growled out with clenched teeth as I could feel the pressure in my mind fade and my senses sharpen. I could hear the words Kieran was yelling at me now and I could smell his scent directly next to me. I could hear his heartbeat along with Marilyn calling for Bolton in the house.

My hands fell from the sides of my face as the fire in my head turned to mere candle light. I knew as well as Kieran knew that she was in control.

Kieran wrapped his arms around me tightly as I began turning to bolt for what I'm guessing was the house. He restricted my movement as he held me against him.

"Don't let her win." I knew the words were coming from Kieran, but they were a bit muffled. She was trying to block me out.

I was panicking more and more by the second. If she blocked me out then I would have no chance of getting control back until she wanted to give it back, and right now she just wanted who ever that girl was dead.

"Arden, come on," Kieran growled out what I imagine would have been extremely loud but it was just a whisper.

My head snapped to the right seeing Bolton and Marilyn run out of the house with worried expressions. A growl ripped through my mouth as I started pulling away from Kieran. He was too strong, though. I mentally thanked Kieran for being the ape on steroids that Bolton makes fun of him for.

Do you want to die?  I snapped mentally to my wolf. I didn't expect her to hear me, but I felt her jolt up at the sound of my voice. She had never done that before. Give me control back, I pushed.

I could tell that holding me back was beginning to become a struggle. She hadn't really stopped jumping, and pulling, or even growling at him. I knew that if I didn't get control back now that she'd free herself and cause more damage than necessary. Especially, since she is mad that we have been holding her back.

I used all of my strength to focus on my own body. I tried pushing past her to get into my own brain. She was honestly like a virus. Times like this, I hated her. I focused everything I had in me on trying to at least wiggle my fingers, but with the amount of movement my wolf was using now, I'd never actually know if I moved my hands or she did.