rudder

The thought of Stiles being a werewolf was all Lydia had thought about for the past hour. Her mind was clouded with thoughts as she glanced over at a sleeping Stiles, his eyelids fluttering softly. His cheek was pressed softly to Lydia's shoulder, and she assumed when he woke up, there would be an imprint on his pale face, which she knew she'd point out and chuckle at. She had decided forty minutes ago when Stiles had fallen asleep with the pain in his ears from Lydia's scream exhausting him, that she didn't want to fall asleep again, the fear of having the hellish nightmare flashing through her mind. She had told him about her dream before he slowly dozed off, leaving Lydia to her thoughts.

Only five more hours until they would be on the ground in Australia, and she was terrified while at the same time excited to be somewhere foreign other than Europe. She decided to start thinking about her studies, and her mind swirled to what she was going to feel about her professors and assignments. Would it be different than American schooling? She sighed to herself and turned to look over to Stiles.

He seemed so composed about school and she envied that. That certainty was something Lydia wished she had, but she didn't have a multi-billion dollar family corporation to fall back onto.

He was so cute when he was sleeping and Lydia smiled to herself. After they kissed, Stiles had started smiling uncontrollably and playing with Lydia's hair. The arm rest between them had been pushed up and they chattered mindlessly, occasionally pecking each other, Lydia tucking her doubts from her past experience with Jackson in the back of her mind. He was so kind to her and she almost felt the need to pinch herself to make her wake up. As he had started to fall asleep, their hands had intertwined, and they still were, an hour later.

She smiled softly at the clamminess in between their hands, giving his hand a quick squeeze which made him stir a little.

A loud beep echoed throughout the cabin, and Lydia jerked a little out of her thoughts listening. A husky Australian accent of a woman soon filled the plane. "Good afternoon, folks, our crew will soon be coming around to dispense lunch food to everyone. We are still on a steady course to Melbourne Australia, only four hours and 50 minutes to go. Please enjoy the comforts this flight has to offer including our extensive movie and album collection, as well as our games available to everyone. Have a nice flight." And her voice cut off. Lydia lifted her head to survey how long it would be until she received her food. She saw a drink cart only a few rows up, but the food cart hasn't even began to circulate through the plane. She sighed at her hungry stomach.

Once she settled back into her seat, she felt Stiles' fingers squeeze her hand and she looked over at his sleepy face, smiling back at her. She grinned back, noticing his cute dimples poking inwards. She giggled and took her free hand and poked her pointer finger into the one on his right cheek. He scrunched up his face and chuckled, "Why does everyone do that?" He asked, opening his eyes and sitting up a little, his back straightening in the comfortable seat.

"Because it's so tempting," she smirked at him, now having to lift her head up a little at his face. She laughed to herself as she realized what was going on with the two. They'd been on the plane for less than ten hours, neither knowing each other, and here they were acting like a couple. "You know we met like nine hours ago right?" She chuckled. She'd never been in such a fast paced relationship before. Could she even call this a relationship?

"So? I find you irresistible Miss Martin. He tapped her nose and grinned.

"Well I know I'm super hot and what not but, what if you're like a creepy psycho murderer?" She questioned, jokingly.

"Well, Lydia, I'm not a murderer and I'm definitely not creepy, but you are one of the few who know my supernatural state, so I'd say we're closer than I am with quite a few people." He chuckled just as the drink cart stopped by them.

"Hi folks, is there anything I can get you to drink?" The cheery woman asked sweetly. Her curly blonde hair was pulled into a bun on the top of her head, a few ringlets out of the hair tie had fallen to her cheeks.

"Could I get a water?" Stiles asked with a happy tone.

"And may I have an iced coffee with cream and sugar?" Lydia smiled politely at the woman as she handed them their drinks.

"Thank you," Lydia and Stiles said in sync as the woman continued on. Lydia giggled as she pulled her tray down, setting the cold plastic cup down.

Stiles then turned to the girl, "Why do you need coffee?" He chuckled, "We're landing at 8:45 pm?" Their hands had unmatched to get their drinks and Stiles too that opportunity to grab her hand again. Her stomach fluttered and her cheeks flushed.

"8:45 pm in California. We're landing in Australia at 12:45 pm." She sipped her coffee.

"That's still a little late to be drinking coffee don't you think?" Stiles laughed, but Lydia just turned her nose up and sipped more of her coffee.

"My sleep schedule is already shit, so why not?" She smiled, just as the food cart rolled up next to them.

"Salad or chicken sandwich?" An older woman with a slight southern accent asked.

"Salad." Lydia said just as Stiles said, "Chicken sandwich."

They got their food and placed it on their already down trays. Lydia looked down at the salad and her mouth started watering. It was fresh lettuce with pecans and cranberries scattered throughout. A balsamic dressing was to the side next to a small package of fruit.

Stiles, however, paled at the sandwich. It didn't look fresh at all whatsoever and he thought he saw the outline of a cricket in the tray. His nose squished up in disgust as he closed the box and looked at the sides. At least he had a cheese stick and a box of fruit or he solemnly believed he would've starved to death.

"That sandwich looks wretched." Lydia giggled at the sight. After a tiny glare Stiles began eating his fruit, Lydia beside him eating her salad. And so they ate their food in peace and thought of what would happen after the flight was over.

-/-/-

K k k k k k k kayyyyy so this was basically filler, nothing important and next chapter will be the last chapter in part I because they will be landing so yaknow.

5b promo had this one part where I literally swore I saw crystal so don't tell me otherwise she's coming back. It will happen.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!! Releasing the first chapter of Coachella on November tenth so mark your calendars because I'm so excited about it yayayayay!

Dedicated to Lucy ( ahs_banshees ) for writing the next chapter of fluorescence Bc I didn't have time. She's great read her stydia one shots.

X gabbi