turbulence

3rd person

Stiles had somehow ended up with his arm around Lydia as they slept. Her hair was entangled in his fingers and his soft eyelashes were fanned out over his cheeks. All of the window shades in the plane were down, and it seemed everyone was either on the tablet mounted in front of them, or asleep. The tablet in front of Lydia and Stiles was black except for bright white words highlighting the screen, asking if they wanted to watch anything else or play any games with the other passengers. There was a loud ding throughout the plane, and the pilot's voice began reverberating softly throughout the cabin.

"Good Morning folks, the time at the moment is 9:47 A.M. and we are still on a nice course to the destination, Melbourne, Austrailia, which we will hopefully arrive at in about eleven hours. I'm ready for a nice uneventful flight to Melbourne, but I'd like you to be prepared for any turbulence we are expecting to happen soon. It's quite natural, but some passengers may be sensitive to it, so we have made this announcement. We may be experiencing the turbulence for half an hour to an hour, so don't fret. Glad to have this little chat, thank you for flying Air Australia." and he cut out without another word.

Lydia had awoken for the gist of the announcement, understanding that soon they were going to be on a bumping airplane. This however, did not thrill the often carsick prone girl, and she started to get freaked out. Her constant shifting around awoke Stiles who turned to the fussing girl.

"Lydia, what's wrong?" He asked, suddenly wide awake. He discovered his arm around her shoulder and he jerked it off of her. "Sorry," he mumbled.

"What?" she finally turned to Stiles just as the turbulence began.

"Oh, uh nothing, what's wrong?" he dismissed their closeness as he inhaled her intoxicating scent.

"I- I don't d-do very well with b-bumps.." she whispered as she gripped the arm rests on either side of her. Her breathing wasn't constant and her eyes were shut tightly. Stiles, confused as to what to do with the panicked girl, placed his hand over hers.

Lydia's eyes opened and looked down to Stiles' hand. She glanced between him and his hand a few times, nervous from the sudden contact. Stiles, seeing her uncertainty, squeezed her hand softly, before smiling reassuringly. She smiled back automatically before she even knew what she was doing.

Her feet were latched around the bottom of her seat and her knuckles were turning white from the constant squeezing on the arm rests. "It's okay Lydia, these kind of things go by quick." Stiles tried to console the girl but he really had no clue whatsoever as to why she was so fretful. "Turbulence is my favorite part of flying, actually. Makes me feel weightless." He smiled at her, still holding on to her hand.

"Oh c-cool." Lydia decided to try to distract herself from the nag in her stomach. "W-what else do you l-like about f-flying?" She kept her eyes tightly shut as she dawned the question.

Stiles, catching on, went along with it. "I really like the landing, how the plane touches down and then it goes super fast as its slows down." Lydia chuckled at his answer and silently begged he would keep the conversation going without her input. "And, I like when you get off the plane and your family is waiting for you and you run into their arms.. I mean, obviously, for me, that won't happen because my family is back in California, lounging by the pool.. It wouldn't even surprise me if they forgot I left already.." His voice slowly faded with a sort of sad tone hanging in the air. Lydia opened her eyes suddenly feeling even closer to the stranger.

"It's fine Stiles, I feel the same. My younger twin sister has always been better than me, she is an actress and I want to be a surgeon," Lydia didn't even realize that she was distracted from the bumpy feeling of the plane, but Stiles did, and he smiled to himself realizing he was helping the frantic girl.

"Well, my dad is the CEO of Stilinski sportswear." Stiles could see as Lydia visibly gasped. He got that quite often, actually, his dad was a very powerful man. His dad was also the only person in his family of four that even said goodbye to Stiles. Well Melissa and Scott did as well but his father had only just gotten engaged to Melissa. "Yeah I know." He chuckled and looked down as they hit another bump, but surprisingly Lydia didn't even notice.

Her green eyes were studying the boy, she felt like for the actual first time in her life, someone understood her. And she had only met this boy a few hours before. Surprising not only Stiles, but herself, she spoke. "Where are you from? In California I mean."

Caught off guard, stiles blinked a few times, then added,"Uh Beacon Hills, why?" He was quite curious about her.

"I'm from Beacon Hills too... But did you even go to BHHS? I can't believe I didn't recognize you, everyone knows the Stilinski's live there." Stiles was shocked, but he understood her confusion.

"I was homeschooled." He smiled at her, "My dad wants me to carry on the family business so that was my main focus being schooled by a private tutor. I actually only have a few friends, but I met my best friend before kindergarten.. old family friend. He actually went to BHHS so you might know him."

"Maybe, but in school I wasn't popular, my sister Kat was. Like I said she is an actress in a really famous TV show. What's his name?" Lydia thought back to her wallflower years in school, blending in to the crowd. Her mind was only interrupted by a bump in the plane, but for some reason it didn't bother her anymore. She let out a breath and Stiles replied.

"Scott Mccall. I also know a few others that went there; Kira Yukimura, Scott's girlfriend, Liam Dunbar, and my ex, Malia Tate. Malia and I broke up three years ago and we don't talk much." Lydia smiled, not quite knowing why, but she knew it had to do with the fact that Stiles wasn't dating her sister's best friend. She knew Malia, always in on and off relationships, when she left Malia was dating yet another player asshole that was going to break her heart, but Lydia couldn't imagine Stiles being like that.

"I actually do know most of them... I don't know Liam but I've seen him on the lacrosse field. Malia is Kat's best friend believe it or not. Also, a few classes in junior and senior year I shared with Scott and also Kira. Kira and I did a project together once. But yeah, Scott is really nice." Lydia suddenly glanced away as she realized the two were leaning closer and closer together within the conversation.

A loud beep resonated throughout the cabin and interrupted both of their thoughts. "Okay folks, looks like that was the ending of the turbulence so we are now flying on a very smooth course. The duration of the turbulence was around 32 minutes so we are now only 10 and a half hours from the destination of Melbourne. It's now 10:19am and at around 10:30 our flight crew will be coming around with breakfast. Thank you for flying Air Australia." The captain's voice cut off and Lydia let out a long sigh at the great information.

Then Lydia's eyes darted down to her hand which was surprisingly intertwined with Stiles long fingers. She didn't pull away and neither did he, as they sat in a comfortable silence waiting for the breakfast that was coming.

-/-/-

Woo stydia feels.

I know I know you hate me it's been like almost two months but i went to Africa so like I was busy yaknow. I also had writers block soooo.

Okay recent news from gabbi:
-I dyed my hair pink
-I'm going back to school on Monday.
-still single
-I don't think my friends like me #cri
-this book almost has FUCKING 1k VIEWS AND THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHAPTERS HOLY SHIT GUYS YOU GUYS SLAY ME
-I've done some major character planning for clouds
-Courtney and Chelsea are gr1989
-so is all my peeps on Instagram (especially my dm groups)
-zali is trying to kill me with feels in her books.
-I have added another 100 words just in this authors note
-k bye
x gab
Btw go tell autumn aka obrodenaf that she can't fucking delete nine lives because it's flawless.