13- [Dex] Chains

WINGED BUT FLIGHTLESS by Fhrell Cee

A/N: Happy birthday to one of my supportive readers iam_insomniac. I wish you a happy birthday and hope you get your wishes in this special day (And maybe meet that special guy that would finally tie you into the relationship zone). Thank you so much for your support! This isn't much but this chapter is for you... ~fCee

13- [Dex] Chains

"Anybody... hey..." I screamed taking hold of the chain that bound one of my legs to a pillar of the huge wooden bed. I tugged the chains with all my strength while seated on the soft mattress under me but of course it didn't budge.

"More effort," I told myself.

I walked down the bed and used my whole body. But still, I couldn't do anything. What could someone like me who had never worked in the fields or mines do against these thick metallic restraints?

I dragged my feet towards an open window and fortunately the chains were long enough to allow me to walk freely. Suddenly something came to me. Luckily, the window was big enough to be able to accommodate my wings spread wide.

I took a deep breath before I released my wings feeling them leave the slit on my back. I checked to make sure it could really fit pass the window and smiled when I confirmed it could.

I then looked outside, peeking up and down, left and right, to make sure my escape wouldn't lead to an immediate capture. I still needed to rescue my brother after all. So I should escape without them knowing, without alerting anyone, especially the Blackwings' general.

I noted the places where some Blackwings stood guard. There were no white wings central guard around so it's an advantage. It would be harder to lose the central guards than the Blackwings since they knew the town more than the Blackwings does.

I mentally mapped my route and actions after I get out of the room.

My plan was to dash outside and using my wings and the force, I would force to break the chain. Then I would immediately fly to the left side of the capitol away from the pair of Blackwings that stood at a nearby tavern. I would then dash to the market area and into the secret passage that I used before Fer discovered where I was. Then I would have to create another plan on how to rescue my brother.

"So that's your plan?" A voice asked from behind me.

"Yes," I answered before I realized someone had really asked that and I might have just stated my plan out loud. I didn't bother looking back to the one who spoke from behind me. His voice was enough to make me recognize him the Blackwing general, Kiev they called him.

I didn't have much choice. So before he could even grab me, I dashed towards the window pulling the chain with me until it grabbed me back. I used all my might to pull the chains, to break them. I flapped my wings so hard but it only strained my legs where the chains clamped me. And I soon found myself hopelessly flapping my wings unmoving and just hovering outside the capitol window.

I continued to pulled the chain and flap my wings wondering why Kiev didn't even bother to capture me, until I heard him spoke.

"Aren't you tired yet?" He asked. "Or do you think you're really moving?"

I turned my head slightly and saw him sitting on the bed uncaring that I was about to escape. Or maybe not... Maybe he was just so sure that I wasn't going to escape.