2- [Dex] Slumber Spell

FLIGHTLESS by Fhrell Cee

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the first part. ~fCee

This is dedicated to:  bakafreak123 for the unending support.

2- [Dex] Slumber Spell

"You're hiding again, aren't you Dio?" I heard a voice behind me as I took a few packs of bread and put them into a small pouch. They will serve as my supplies during the time of the harvest.

Since Dio had found all the places I've resupplied, I would need the food to keep me sane during my hide in that place. It was cave way passed the dandelion meadows and the forest of giant trees. I hadn't been there since last year. Hopefully it's still there and well hidden.

"You're not going anywhere. Not this time!" I could feel my brother's presence just inches away from me.

I turned around seeing Dio with his hands on his hips. I grinned knowing he would try to stop me but I would escape nevertheless.

"Do you know, you could get caught and punished?" He asked with his always worried tone. "I've told you a million times Dio, just attend. Who knows you might get lucky and get picked?"

If you get picked, you're lucky? I don't even know if he was hearing himself. Dust didn't seem so lucky when he got taken away from us. I could still remember the mist on my older brother's eyes that day when he was grabbed from my tiny fingers.

I knew Dust didn't want to leave. I knew he didn't want to go away, but he was forced. The Blackwings forced him to do things he didn't want to do. And they still do it until now, after so many years had passed. We are their slaves.

We think we are free, with our wide wings flying around the skies. But we're just flying inside a large cage. Our freedom was always an illusion. And we refused to see it that way.

But not me...

I promised myself that day when they took my brother, even before I knew the reason for this harvest. They will never have control over my life.

"You have beautiful white wings Dex," I heard Dio's unending litany again. I've memorized it already.

"If you just attend, I'm sure you'll immediately get picked. You're attractive," I followed his words in my mind. It was always the same every year.

"And besides, I've already found all you're hiding place," he said smirking proudly. "If you haven't noticed, I already took away all the supplies you left in those creepy places."

"You think so?" I asked challenging him.

"Yes," he answered firmly. "And this time, you and I will be lucky enough to get picked."

I rolled my eyes. I don't know what's so lucky about getting bound to someone with Blackwings and forced to leave the place where I grew up.

I would have to leave even my family only to serve as a breeder. I don't know why I should be someone's fuck-doll. We're more than that, more than what the Blackwings want us to be.

My brother Dust had been a really intelligent man. I've heard some of my teacher say Dust could have been a great inventor. Unlike me who was always in trouble for breaking stuffs, Dust was what they called a promise child. But he was taken away and we didn't hear from him, or from anyone who had been harvested.

My family had never been the same after then. Mom and Dad nearly spend time with us. Only Dio had taken care of me. So I don't know if I could make it if he had been taken too.