Chapter 8 This is my life now

Chapter 8
This is my life now

((UNEDITED))

PICTURE to the right (or top) ------> Not a thing

Dedicated to TheWitchAndTheCat for writing all the amazing books that I can't stop reading XD seriously I've read fire and ice like 10 times I shit you not.

DOMINIC •

         I left dinner early, as I had said, and ignored the two following me as I returned to the bedroom. I didn't bother doing anything but crawl under the covers and bury my face in the pillows, knowing they'd be following close behind. I soon feel the bed dent on either side of me, the covers getting tugged around the new bodies, and the contrasting temperatures starting to envelop me. Both scoot closer to me until I'm sandwiched between them, but they don't grab me or make me feel uncomfortable. It's weird as if it's more comfortable now.

         Too tired to try another conversation, I roll onto my stomach, completely hiding my face, and try to fall asleep.

         Notice how I say try. "Why don't you change into something more comfortable?" Colton mutters lowly in my ear while I feel Nic's forehead rest against my shoulder.

         "Or change into nothing at all?" Nic mumbles, making me glad they can't see my face as it burns from his comment. I feel Colton's weight stretch across my back before a faint slapping sound is heard and Nic's whining.

         "Why are you two in my bed?" I grumble into the pillow, and Colton chuckles.

         "Cause we don't have our own." They say in unison while I feel Nic's arm brush across my lower back and wrap around my hip, pulling himself closer. I can only hope to calm my heart from beating out of control and clear my racing thoughts as these two slowly inch closer and closer. This is definitely going to take some getting used to. I've only ever had a girlfriend in the past. Always pulling her into my arms, not the other way around. Not that this feels bad, just different.

         "There are five bedrooms in this house. If you want to stay, you can choose from any of those," I mumble, turning my head to face Colton. He's propped up on his side, his cheek resting against his palm while he gazes at me, his eyes half-hooded. As soon as I look at him, he reaches up and brushes his thumb against my cheek, a small smile creeping onto his lips.

         "We choose this one," Nic says, and I feel his head lift off my shoulder before replacing it with his chin, his breath warming the back of my neck. Colton's hand slips under my chin and lifts my head gently, craning my neck for me to look up at him more. I swallow a lump in my throat, feeling my face heating again, and notice his eyes flash to my neck.

         "Are you going to bite me?" I don't know why I ask, but I do as my breath shallows.

         "No, of course not. Unless you want me to, that is..." He chuckles, a grin spreading across his teeth, making me shudder. My whole body is starting to feel hot, and I'm becoming more aware of where Nic is wrapped around me.

         I finally turn onto my side to face Colton, thinking of more questions so I can distract myself. As I do so, Nic takes the opportunity to pull me closer and press my back to his chest. "But if you bit me, wouldn't that change me?" I ask, and he chuckles again. Even Nic stifles a laugh, pressing his lips to my shoulder.

         "No. If I bit you, I would only be taking your blood. And I would never try to kill you. I know when to stop, of course." He takes my hand in his and smiles at me.