Chapter 7

Alarm bells ring in my ears, high pitched and fuzzy. The room spins as i open ny eyes. Nothing is on fire.

"Jarvis?" I shout.

"There has been a breach. I was hacked." Jarvis announces.

"Track down who it was."

"There is no trace."

"How can there be no trace?" I shout.

"There is no source of the hacking."

"Argh!" I shout in frustration, slamming my hands on the desk.

"What did they take?" I calmly ask.

"Nothing."

"So, you was hacked but they took nothing."

"All systems went down." Jarvis admits, a brain wave hits me.

"Show me the CCTV of when Hawkeye left." I demand.

The video appears in front of me, showing Hawkeye walking out of the house at 5:33am then the screen goes grey.

"What's happened?"

"We were hacked at 5:34am for a minute."

"A minute?" I question.I check the time now, Hawkeye was taken only three hours ago. The screen turns back on, showing the empty driveway but a single arrow on the floor. I push out of the desk chair, sprint up the stairs and outside into the morning sun. Hawkeye's green arrow lays on the driveway, reflecting in the sun proudly. I sigh. Another abduction.

*

I slam my fists on the computer desk frustrated, I've been awake for 21 hours and only had three hours sleep, my eyes begging to fall asleep.

"Jarvis, are you sure you have no CCTV at all on Hawkey's abduction?" I question, twisting his arrow in my hand.

"I need anything, Im desperate." I admit.

"There is trace of Hawkeye's blood." Jarvis announces.

"Okay, that's a sign of a struggle."

"Skye!" I hear my name shouting from upstairs. I grab Hawkeye's arrow, holding it above my head and tiptoe up the stairs. A figure stands in the kitchen, placing a bowl in the microwave.

"Turn around with your hands in the air." I demand, my voice filling the empty house. He places his hands on the back of his head and gradually turns around. I sigh with relieve as i put Hawkeye's arrow down.

"You can put your hands down now Zeke." I point out, smiling.

"Whose arrow is that?" He asks.

"Hawkeye's. Jarvis was hacked last night, they stopped CCTV and one minute Hawkeye was walking out of the front door, then he was gone. All that's left is his arrow." I explain.

"Skye its you." Zeke whispers, taking the arrow from me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean somehow all this is linked to you." He whispers, kissing my cheek.

"That's mean." I hiss, marching out and downstairs.

"Im sorry." He shouts down as i walk off.

I march down to the basement and sit on the office chair at the big desk in the middle. I spin around on it waiting for a brain wave.

"Im sorry but Im one of those people that are too honest." Zeke admits as he stands in front of me, holding a mcdonalds bag.

"The good thing about being up at half 8 in the morning is mcdonalds breakfast." He excitedly announces.

"Yum but Im not hungry. I should go tell the Avengers about Hawkeye's abduction." I point out as i grab the sports car keys and jump into the car, driving off into the morning sun.

I arrive at the tower, scan my ID card at the security desk and stroll into the elevator. I march out as i reach floor 13 and walk up to Fury.

"Skye, I've told you. We can't help you." He reminds me.

"Fine, but Hawkeye is the third victim of this abduction. He was taken this morning, about four hours ago." I explain.

"Hawkeye?"

"Yes. Now will you help me?" I ask as some of the Agents sat at their desks turn and stare at me. I place Hawkeye's arrow down and look up at him.

"I did tests, the only fingerprints are his and the CCTV was hacked for a minute."

"A minute?"

"Its linked to me." I admit.

"I was the last person to talk to Hawkeye, Pepper and my dad." I explain.

"Then it's you. The kidnapper is something to do with you." Fury hisses.

"I came here to help you find them and you're insulting me?" I shout, the anger building inside me.

"Your eyes." Fury mumbles. I feel the coldness spread and a computer bursts, like fireworks, behind me.

"Skye, you have to calm down." Fury demands.

"Why are you blaming me? I am trying to help!" I yell.

"I think you should leave."

"Im going." I flick my fingers at the wall covered windows and they shatter into a thousand pieces.

"Don't help me then." I hiss.

I march out and back to the car, placing Hawkeye's arrow on the passenger seat. I race home, parking the car in the basement and throw the keys onto the desk. I rage out loud, tears falling down my face.

"Jarvis, why won't they help me?" I ask.

"The Avengers help the city."

"They don't like me." I whisper.

My mind aches with exhaustion and my eyes keep flickering shut.

"Skye, you need to eat." Zeke announces as he walks into the basement with Mcdonalds.

"I can't eat, i have to find this kidnapper." I point out.

"Skye, relax."

Zeke, you have to go."

"Why?"

"You're the last person to talk to me, you'll be next."

"Im not going anywhere. Im staying here to protect you." He points out, standing in front of me and taking my hand.

"I don't want you to get hurt. If i lost you, i don't know what i would do." I admit, staring at my feet.

"I can't lose you either." He admits, feeding me a hash brown but i expect a kiss.

"You're so romantic(!)" I tease.

I sit in the desk chair and go through the CCTV footage for any clues. Nothing. My mind is exhausted, unable to think. The tears explode onto my face and my eyelids slam shut.