Chapter 9

Doctor Banner leads me into the Tower, I pull my hood over my face and follow his feet. 

"She's with me, she's my assistant." He explains. I keep my head down until i reach the elevator. We go up to floor 14, the science floor above S.H.I.E.L.D and pull my hood back up and follow him into his white lab.  

"I bet you have to rebuild lots of equipment." I tease but Im surprised when he laughs. 

"Yes." He replies, pulling out a microscope and placing a slide underneath. 

"Fury thinks Im more dangerous then you." I admit, fiddling with petrified dishes. 

"You are. I've seen the test results." 

"Doctor Banner my boyfriend has been abducted." I announce. 

"Another? That makes 4." He points out. 

"I can't handle another. I've slept 3 hours in 2 days. I haven't eaten." 

"Skye, this isn't your fault." He lies. 

"It is. All of them last spoke to me." 

A woman knocks on the door, dressed in a lab coat. 

"A letter came for you, Doctor Banner." She announces with a Irish accent. She passes him a white envelop and strolls out. 

Banner opens it with his hands and pulls out another envelop. 

"It's for you." He whispers, passing me the envelop. I take it over to the lamp, examining it for any explosives. Then i pull my phone out and place it on top of the envelop. 

"Jarvis, scan for chemicals." I demand as the blue light travels across the writing. 

"No evidence of chemicals." 

"Scan for fingerprints." 

"Doctor Bruce Banner." Jarvis announces. 

"Yes, i know. Anyone else?" 

"No evidence of other fingerprints." 

I pull my fingers under the flap, knowing what the contents will be. I notice drops of pure red blood on the tips of my fingers where they have brushed against the photos inside. I pull it out. 

A single photo of a man tied to a chair, his quiver on his back and his face bruised and broken. Hawkeye. In the bottom right corner is a date and time. 5:35 this morning, a day after he was abducted. 

"I have to see Fury." I demand. 

I jump into the elevator and travel down to floor 13. 

"Fury Im not here for trouble. I just got another photo, but of Hawkeye beaten." I anounce. Fury sighs, uncrossing his arms. 

"Follow me." I follow as he leads the way to the conference room that i am familiar with. 

I place all three photos on the desk with Pepper's necklace, Hawkeye's arrow and Zeke's phone. 

"Whose phone is this?" Thor asks, pointing. 

"Zeke. He rang me an hour ago, saying someone was following him. I drove his and all that was left was the knives he used for defence and his phone. I will most probably get the photos tomorrow." I explain, my eyes filling with tears. 

"Im sorry." Captain mutters. 

"There's a pattern. They print the photos with dates and times. They're always exactly the day after they're abducted." I point out. 

"We have to wait for them to make a mistake." Black Widow says. 

"I can't wait. They're beating them as we speak now!" I shout, my voice taken over the silence as my veins bubble with pure anger.

"Skye, we will find them." 

"I have to go." I announce as i place all the stuff in my bag and march out of the tower. Jump in the car and drive home. 

If i don't talk to anyone, no one will get hurt. I have to do all this by myself. I pull into a layby and the tears start to flow uncontrollably.