seven

❝great.❞

n.

i stood, looking into the eyes that never lost light at day. he was beautiful.. beyond beautiful. i awaited his answer, but nothing came out. i suddenly realized why he was so silent.

he didn't want me to go.

"i-i get it.. it's just for you. i.. sorry." and i walked out of his house, leaving to the path of my own home. it was a stupid idea, why did i ever think he'll want me?

he wouldn't want me, i'm ugly and bland. i'm not exotic or curvy or beautifully tan. i'm pale, with bleached hair, and no muscles. even a teen girl could lift more than me.

i unlocked my door and went inside, looking at the darkness. i couldn't take it, i can't stand being so alone. i turned around and rushed out of the apartment.

running towards the diner, when i turned the corner i hit someome, and they immediately catched us both from falling. "hey, hey, you alright?" and i recognized the voice.

"z-zayn.." and he looked at me, concern written across his features. "i- uh, yeah i-i'm okay." he nodded and let me go, adverting his eyes elsewhere.

"i uhm, i'll just go." i said, and walked the rest of the way there. as i opened the door i felt a tug on my sweater.

i turned and looked down, seeing a little girl, "hey love, what's the matter?" her face seemed red and blotchy from crying, sand covered her blue striped dress.

"m-my brother! i-i lost h-him! i dunno w-where he went!" she cried out, and i picked her up, shushing her. "it's okay, shh, it's okay sweet heart, i'll help you find him. where was the last time he was with you?"

"a-at the beach!" she exclaimed. i laughed slightly, even when she was sad she still sounded excited. "where's your parents?" and she started crying again, "they.. they went bye bye!"

i felt my heart break at that, and told her we will find her brother first. we both looked around calling out his name, which happened to be cole.

we then walked along the beach calling for him. the waves got a bit harsher and i picked up halle -which was her name- before she got pulled in.

i heard a faint yell and i told halle to be quiet, she stopped and listened as well. then it got closer and louder, and whoever it was, they were calling for halle.

she seemed to hear it too, and recognized the voice as her brother. she squirmed in my grasp and i let her go, following her as she continued to call out for her brother.

the minute we reached him, he seemed to be accompanied by three adults. and one of them were zayn.

"halle!" her brother squealed and she giggled, hugging him. i smiled at them, and went up to greet her parents. "mr. and mrs. bauer, nice to meet you, these two must be a hassle yeah?" and they laughed, nodding their heads.

"we've been trying to hire a babysitter but no one seemed available, and it's been hard keeping up with our jobs and them continuously wanting to go out." the mom spoke, and i asked all about it.

before i knew it, i was going to be their day time babysitter. i loved kids, and they seemed like good kids who looked out for each other. after the family left i turned to zayn.

"what are you still doing here? aren't you suppose to be out of here?" he laughed, "yeah, i was driving and i saw cole crying on the side of the road. he explained everything, and i had to help." i nodded, and told him he can leave now.

he walked towards his vehicle, and i turned around walking to the diner. "hey niall!" i turned to zayn, "what!"

he jogged up to me, and kissed my cheek, "you won't forget me right?" and i blushed hard, "not if you join the kids and i when you come back for a play date." he smiled slightly, "cole and i had it planned already."

i smiled, "great." and he nodded, both of us staring at each other. "i guess i'll see you in a few days?" zayn nodded a yes, "okay." we both gave a goodbye, and a safe trip.

walking back i felt the cheek he kissed me on, biting my lip to stop me from doing something weird. his lips felt good.

and i decided.. i wanted to feel more of his lips.

++

that was cute, but i'm ready for angst.
first.. let gets two chapters more of fluff..
then the good stuff.

enjoyed?
vote. comment.

-softlou x