two

❝you're beautiful.❞

z.

i watched as he stood before me. his blue eyes brighter than the ocean i see everyday. he had soft features that made him look harmless. he was harmless. he didn't have a bad bone in his body.. for now.

"your name.. it's unique." he spoke, and i nodded. he gazed at me for a while before saying a farewell. i watched as he closed the door, his eyes on me until the door separated us. i touched the door slightly, remembering it for later.

i walked towards my apartment neighborhood, only a few streets away. i looked at my doorway, then turned my back against it. walking to the lifeless beach i went to everyday.

i didn't bother with a job, my parents were filthy rich and gave me tons of money each week into my bank account. they visited only twice every year. they had to work, and my sisters were already grown up, they were adults with a family.

the boy had intrigued me. he had a type of vibe to him that i liked. he was young, but so was i. he had a glow to him, like he held something only the darkness would be attracted to. he was innocent to people like me, and i wanted him.

i couldn't stop myself. at least i tried. he was so.. intriguing.
the moment i saw him walking towards me i hoped he would walk away, i'm no good for him. then i saw him walk away, and i felt different. it was something i've never felt before.

i don't know what to think about this situation. it was a small crush right? i layed myself onto the rocks, the sharp edges digging into my back, but not enough to make something break, or bleed.

i turned my head, watching the calm waves come in and out. a soft lullaby i've found to love. this is where i want to spend every second at. this is like my heaven. only a rhythmic beat of waves against the earth.

i had no clue about the time, nor did i care. my thoughts were consumed by a blond boy i'm so caught up on. after what felt like 2 hours, which it probably was, i headed to my apartment. the need for sleep evident in my eyes.

i slept in a bed with cold sheets, and a mind full of the boy i never caught the name of.

++

in late noon i woke up, and dressed properly after my needed shower. i walked out and into the gray skies once again. everything is gray, even the cigarettes i smoke create a dark color. the way it swirled and twisted as i blew it out, the oxygen nipping at the poisoned substance.

i finished my cig as i neared the ocean, flicking it into the greedy waves. i smiled slightly, watching it get pulled in. a shriek pulled me out of my thoughts, as i looked over to see a little girl playing with her brother.

the two parents carelessly chatting, not bothering to watch their own children. the moment the little boy went near the wave as it came crashing in i knew he was a goner. the parents still oblivious. as the boy got tugged on, his sister quickly grabbed onto him, pullig him by the hand away from the water.

i smirked, not everyone is lucky to have a hero. i walked up to the two children, bending down, getting almost eye level to them. "you just saved your brother's life," i said to the little girl, "do you know what would've happened if you didn't?"

the little girl shook her head in a yes, "he would've gone bye bye." i nodded, "and he is very lucky to have you. good job kid." she gave me a cute dimpled smile, and i gave a slight smile back. i was surprised as the parents still chatted quietly, not even a glance towards their kids.

i shrugged, maybe one day that little boy will drown, they'll learn their lesson. i walked away from the two, a small laugh erupting from my lips as i heard the little girl scold her brother. even at the age of 5 she managed to sound like an angry mother. i walked towards the diner at the edge of this area, and entered.

i looked around, my eyes scanning to see how many people occupied this place. i blew out a breath of relief to see few people. walking up towards the counter, i saw the blond beauty come out from their 'employee's only' room.

he gasped as he saw me, i smirked. "you're beautiful," i started, then asked what i've been dying to know, "may i know your name?"

++

just letting you know, i'm going along with this, i have no plan for this story.

it's like a natural story, where all inspiration comes the moment i enter the chapter title.

vote. comment.

-softlou xx