six

❝alright.❞

z.

my night carried on as my eyes overlooked into the dark ocean. my mind wandering back to niall. who corrupted him in such ways that lead him to the fear of being alone?

sure, everyone has gone through the pain of being alone, but everyone gets over it eventually. it seemed like the word alone just haunted the kid. his eyes turn into some emotion screaming for help, and his whole demeanor turns into something different.

i didn't know whether i wanted to tell him there's nothing to be afraid of, or to not speak to him again if he continues to feel like this. he was so insecure and it confuses me because there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. he is perfect, he is the sun's extra shine.

my thoughts about this kid kept rushing in and i couldn't take it anymore. i walked over to his home, and sat against the wall next to his door. waiting until i could find the courage to make a move and ask him.

as i closed my eyes and sighed pulling out a cig, i heard a thump, and i stood up waiting for something to happen. i heard the turn of the door knob and saw a man other than niall appear. confused, i turned my head and asked, "who are you?" just as it came out niall's face appeared and i put down my guard... a little.

"zayn? what are you doing here?" he asked, and i shrugged, then averted my eyes towards this curly headed bloke. "who's this?" i asked, and niall looked at him, giving him a shy smile, "this is harry, my best friend, he came from L.A."

i nodded, looking him up and down, "i can tell." i muttered and i heard a small scoff from the boy himself, "please, if anything you belong elsewhere, not here in this state." i rolled my eyes, "at least i'm not the one with bad taste in style."

"niall!" the harry bloke yelled, and niall shrugged, "what?" harry stood with his mouth in a grim line, "are you going to let this.. this.. scum talk to me like that?" niall gasped at the name his mate called me, and i didn't even falter in my stance.

i pulled out a cigarette and lighted it, taking a drag from it. i then blew it out, "listen here curly, you either respect me and these streets or you better leave in 10 seconds before you're about to get beat."

the boy then laughed, niall started laughing too, and i took another puff. "listen mate, i'm not some snotty stuck up like the rest of 'em. m'from london england, just like you."

i nodded my head slowly, and he gave me a bright smile, niall stopped laughing and told me, "yeah, harry's nice, couldn't hurt a fly. just a big heart to find in him." harry then bid his goodbyes and i nodded.

"so what are you here for?" niall hummed, and i took my cig in my hand, puffing a smoke out. "wanted to ask you a question, but seemed like i forgot it the minute your friend came out."

niall cautiously looked at me, then nodded slowly, "well when you know it, just come over and let me know."

"alright."

++

by morning i still didn't know what i wanted to say to the blond, and if i did, he didn't seem interested. i sighed, and got ready for the day, packing a bag for a few days as well.

i needed to get out of this place for a while. maybe see some of my mates instead of being alone all the damn time. i walked out, my bag in hand, then saw niall walking over and paused.

shit. what if the kid starts crying again, because i'm supposedly leaving him helpless. i shrugged and opened my car door, throwing my bag in.

i felt a pull at my sweater and turned to see niall. "yes?" and he looked at me, biting his lip.

"i-i was wondering if you w-would show me y-your art room a-again." then he shyly looked down at his feet, his cheeks going red. i melted a little inside, the kid was inspired. i nodded knowing whatever i was going to do can be halted for a while.

he walked in, and went towards the room he seemed to know like the back of his hand. i followed him and he opened the door, going in. i looked up and saw him go towards a wall.

he looked at it for a while then i heard small sniffles start. "hey hey hey, are you okay?" i asked, going up to him and wrapping an arm around him.

all the wall contained was a few drawings my sister's and i did, it was a family wall. when my family actually cared about me and loved me, we did this so when i felt disconnected i'd remember them.

i don't think niall knew the meaning behind it, but something triggered an emotion out of him.

"i just, i wish i was loved as much as this." niall whispered, and i hugged him tighter.

"they never loved me niall, they just didn't want to be forgotten." he smiled sadly at me. then stepped out of my embrace.

"where ya off to?" he asked, and i shrugged, "somewhere." he nodded, and i sighed, "i'm going to england, i wanted to go back and visit a few people."

niall turned to me, "can i go?"

++

it's thursday so another update! i'll see you on sunday :)

enjoyed this chapter?
comment. vote.

-softlou x