I am Such a Good Wife

Start from the beginning

I took the container of herbs I had mixed together from my bag, I opened it and took some of the substance into my hands rubbing it over the bite mark while my other hand caressed his cheek, then without warning I was pulled into the past.

Giselle turned her body away from the window now fully facing him and laughed, meeting his brown eyes in the process.

"What's so funny?" Elijah questioned from his spot on the bed.

He was in nothing but a pair of trousers as he had woken up a few moments ago to find her in her current position, standing by the open doors he had said nothing until now as he had been enjoying just watching her. He couldn't believe this beautiful creature was finally his.

"Nothing just looking at you there like that watching me that way, when a month ago I was as good as dead" she said crawling onto the bed, straddling him.

"Let's not talk of such unhappy times" he said referring to the curse that had been placed on her years ago, that had killed her only a month before. He thought her dead for twelve whole hours, it had been the most heart-wrenching thing he had ever experienced.

That was until he realized the blood he had given her the day before had not only heeled her head wound but had turned her. Under normal circumstance he would have been appalled at the thought of her turning into a vampire, but now he had her in his arms for eternity so he couldn't bring himself to regret giving her his blood.

"I don't think it's right to be this much in love with someone" She whispered caressing his jaw never breaking eye contact.

"Neither do I" he spoke.

She pulled away and he could see her walls going up the one's he had fought so hard to break, so he quickly flipped her over so she was on her back with him hovering above her.

"Because I believe Miss Claire that I am even more in love with you than you with me" then he kissed her.

I took a deep breath as I was pulled from the memory of Elijah and I.

After all these years, I finally myself through his eyes and I was speechless.

"Shh, my love it's okay I'm here I'm here" I whispered as he moaned in pain, I caressed his face feeling tears in my eyes because of what I had just seen.

I wiped my tears away reminding myself that it was all in the past now and that the man in my arms couldn't possibly sill love me like that.

"Haley, you have to leave" he muttered desperately, I hopped up from behind him and sat by the side of the bed so he could see me.

"Haley's outside safe, as for me I afraid I'm not going anywhere".

"Giselle tell me this isn't a tortuous dream" he gasped with teary eyes, causing my cold heart to lunge.

"I'm really here" I told him grabbing his hand and lacing our fingers together, he seemed to relax a little at my words.

"I put some herbs on the bite to ease the pain a bit, but you need blood to keep your strength so I have two blood-bags" I said using my free hand to get the blood bags from my purse.

"You don't have to do this Giselle" he sighed.

"I can't believe you still hate people taking care of you" I scoffed.

"There are consequences for those that care for me, you and I both know that" he sadly replied, his brown eyes meeting my green ones.

"We had a good run, besides your still my husband and what are those words we used the day of our wedding? Oh yeah, in sickness and in health" I deadpanned.