Chapter 2

Everyone was here. Madori pushed me in as I was refusing to move any further. I scanned around the room. The whole place was decorated beautifully....for a girly-girl kinda girl that is. However, since they took all the time and effort....and money....into making this a little princess's dream come true, I sucked it up and put on a brilliant smile.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouted at the same time. Some people threw confetti in the air, while others blew on colorful blowouts. Then I noticed my friends. How jealous I was when I saw that they were able to wear normal dresses that didn't look as if they were the flower girl at a wedding. If I had to wear a dress, I would trade my dress for one of there's, any day.

Mom and dad made their way to me. Bending down to my level, mom gave a kiss on the cheek and told me how beautiful I looked. Dad pecked me on the head and told me that his little girl was growing up so quick. This was utterly embarassing.

I went over to my friends, thanking people as they individually wished me a happy tenth birthday. "Hey guys!" I said as I finally got away from all the grown ups crowding around me.

"Ah, Lilly, this is the best birthday party ever!" squealed Dasia, Madori's daughter, and my best friend - even though we have hardly anything in common. Her dress was pink white white lace over it. A pink ribbon was around her waist and a matching rose lay at the cornor. "You're sooo lucky to have a party like this. What I wouldn't give to have my birthday party looking like something out of princess's ball." Then she glanced at my dress and let out an excited squeak. "Lilly, your dress is amazing! Mom and Anna pick out a great one, ahuh," she gasped, and her voice turned dreamy. "You look just like Cinderella. Cinderella had a beautiful blue dress."

I thanked her. "I still wish they would have just let us have the party at the park; I can't do anything in this dress," I sighed.

Candice, who had on a white sundress with a big blue flower pattern, came up to me and gave me a hug. "You're the birthday girl - you're supposed to look extra special." She pushed back a stray strained of blonde hair from her face.

Her twin, Lauren, who much like Candice had on a white sundress, however, hers had a series of a black pattern, came up to her and fixed her hair into a perfect ponytail. "She's right, Lilly. Our mothers took us to the same store for our dresses so your's would stand out the most."

Jasmine, who wasn't really a friend - we were kind of forced to hang out, considering our parents were good friends - crossed her arms over her chest. "I'd trade you dresses. Obviously you don't appreciate a dress so elegant such as that." I looked at her dress, a white and pink horizontal striped one with a white ribbon running around the waist, tying into a bow. To tell the truth, even though it was pink and girly, I would trade her my dress for her's, if only I could.

"No thanks, Jasmine. I might catch your stupid if we traded."

Jasmine huffed and stormed away to the finger sandwitches table, with her head held high and her nose sticking in the air.

"What a snob," Nicolette said. Her dress was the most elegant one of the bunch. It was beige with a silver-green bow and a pink flower pattern. It went well with her red hair, almost as if they were made for each other. "Who invited her anyway?"

I sighed. "My parents. Their friends with her's and so they felt it right to invite her. I think they're trying to get us to get along with eachother, but I just can't be friends with a stuck up idot like her."

They all laughed, including shy, quiet Peyton. Her dress was of a seashell pattern with a brown bow. It went well with her personality she loved the beach and earth tones accented her skin tone.

"She's just angry, cause you have a gorgeous dress and her's simple. She thinks she's a princess so she feels she should have the best dress in the room," said Lauren. Candice nodded her agreement.