15- Looks Like He Lied

Start from the beginning

“We have a free period.” I stated.

“Can we join this class for today?” Alice finished for me excitedly.

I was very unenthusiastic about this idea considering how lazy of a person I was and how much I hated gym the first and second time around, I didn’t want to do it again just for fun. Luckily for Alice, I was a good friend and didn’t want to leave her alone with a bunch of teenage guys.  Even though she could just go to the gym that was in her house, or mine for that matter. We both have really nice gyms at our houses. Lance really likes to work out, he has ever since his Army training, so he spent a lot of time in there recently. And at Alice’s house, her brother, Patrick, is like, obsessed with his body. Like, he has a really nice body, but he’s just so obsessed with working out and all of that stuff, it’s almost worrying.

“Really?” Mr. Frazier asked in shock. Maybe that’s because Alice is the only person crazy enough to actually want to do gym, because normal people, like myself, hate the class and only take it because it is forced upon us. But not Alice, of course. “Um, I guess so.”

“Thanks!” Alice chirped, grabbing my elbow and yanking me towards the girl’s locker room. I noticed all of the strange looks people were sending us as they ran in their circle, probably wondering why we were even there. I was wondering the same thing as well, my best friend is so weird. And that’s why I love her so much.

“So why are we here again?” I asked once we were in the girl’s locker room.

“Because we haven’t done gym in a long time.” Alice chirped, throwing a workout outfit of a tank top and shorts at me, along with tennis shoes.

“There’s a reason for that.” I remind her as we both get dressed in a tank top and shorts with tennis shoes. I threw my dark hair into a pony tail as did Alice with her blonde waves. “And we both have home gyms, why are you insisted on working out with a bunch of sweaty teenage guys?”

She rolled her eyes at me. “Oh, come on, Zoe. Be a little bit more spontaneous.”

I sighed heavily once again to let her know that I was not happy about this, and we made our way out to the basketball court again where Mr. Frazier was briefing the boys on what game they were going to play today; dodge ball.

“Yes!” I cheered, high fiving Alice with excitement and suddenly, I was totally okay with being in this gym class- I absolutely love dodge ball and we were both kick ass at it.

“We need team captains.” Mr. Frazier announced, looking around the sea of guys and then me and Alice who were standing in the back, behind everyone.

“Me, I wanna!” Alice squealed, raising her hand and jumping slightly, making me laugh.

“Okay, Alice.” Mr. Frazier said, also laughing slightly. When Alice spoke, the whole class spun their heads around to face us with either a small smirk or wide eyes. Multiple pairs of wondering eyes were caught traveling down mine and Alice’s legs, but I guess we had that coming when we dressed in shorts and a tank top with a guy’s gym class. Don’t look at me, though, it was all Alice’s fault. “We need another captain.”

“Zoey will do it!” Alice volunteered me before another person could volunteer for themselves.  

“I’m sure somebody else can do it.” I muttered, not wanting to take the opportunity away from somebody who legit wanted to be a caption for the game.

“Nope, we got this.” Alice grinned.

“Okay.” Mr. Frazier laughed. “The girls are the captains then.”

“That’s not going to end in disaster or anything.” A brown haired guy in the front muttered sarcastically.

“We heard that.” Alice snapped, shooting the boy a short glare as we moved away from the crowd..